Section for smaller boats

Bigplumbs

Visit site
I was wondering if people think that it might be a good idea to have a section here for smaller Speed boats and Ribs etc instead of all posts for that sort of thing going in the motor boat section. How might a person go ablut asking for that to be set up

Rappey

Visit site
Would that not be similar to having two forums for big sailing vessels and small or dingy like ones?

Seastoke

Visit site
I was wondering if people think that it might be a good idea to have a section here for smaller Speed boats and Ribs etc instead of all posts for that sort of thing going in the motor boat section. How might a person go ablut asking for that to be set up
No , because we alll started small , some stop small but the info starter boaters get help from the older boaters , you could end up withe the same posts on both forums.

Blue Sunray

Visit site
No , because we alll started small , some stop small but the info starter boaters get help from the older boaters , you could end up withe the same posts on both forums.

TBF that doesn't see to concern the authorities currently. It's quite often that threads are duplicated on SB and MB and sometimes PBO as well.

Chris_d

Visit site
I think its great as it is the mix of boats that makes this forum so interesting, what is a small boat anyway these days anything under 50ft? or is more about cost?

Bigplumbs

Visit site
I think its great as it is the mix of boats that makes this forum so interesting, what is a small boat anyway these days anything under 50ft? or is more about cost?

Well that sort of demonstrates what I mean. I was talking about 17 foot speed boats, 4m Ribs and even Sibs

ari

Visit site
What for? Should anyone with a big boat not share their experiences of small boat ownership (something of which many have)?

BruceK

Visit site
AFAIK there are plenty of those here that seem just as happy. What you havent demonstrated is the need to segregate.

ICTM

Visit site
I think there are plenty of smaller boat forums if you choose to look. Personally I think the variety is healthy.
Doesn't that exist Ribnet? and numerous other small boat club forums, Mobochat is unique in that it covers everything, please don't dilute it.
I think the forum should stay as it is, further segregation would just dilute any input .

Orthop

Visit site
A 17 foot speed boat can have the same issue as a 58 foot Fairline, so you might get some answers from the owner of "bigger boats".
And BTW the whole theme around boating is very interesting. For me I have learnt al lot from some threads and some topics, which were an advantage for future questions...