Seahopper Sailing Dinghy wanted

Gabriel_uk

Visit site
Hello Everyonethank you for accepting me on this forum.

We are looking for a sailing Seahopper ideally the Kondor model which is the 3m long one) so we can take our 7 year old on local sailing trips during the weekends as soon as we are allowed to do so. As this may still be a few months away we can even settle for one that needs work so we can spend some time on giving it some TLC. It would be great if anyone here has one for sale. Many thanks and we look forward to hearing from you.

Gabriel_uk

Visit site
Hi Rosa, I understand that beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I will probably have to be patient and wait for something more reasonably priced. I would be curious at least and ask if this 2.4m long Lighter comes with a complete sailing rig as I suspect this may be the reason it is above the £400 mark. Have been following other platforms and they all seem to sell for around £400. If in a very good condition or indeed if a Kondor I agree, they go for slightly more. We are in lockdown and not many people buy or sell as not many can go sailing so I thought I could use this time to bring a dinghy back to life together with my son (varnish etc) but this also means I am not ready to pay above market price to also invest work into it.

Gabriel_uk

Visit site
Hi Martin, I agree, they can ask as much as they feel it is worth but they will need someone to also accept their price and go through with the sale :) I believe their members are not used to checking any other platforms apart from their own club's :)

Rosa

Visit site
Hi, Gabriel,
The Lighter my friend is selling doesn't have a sailing rig. It was only bought last year and the buyer rowed it once only.
I replied really just to let you know that they do come up for sale sometimes.

I do hope you find the model you're looking for at a fair price. I'm sure revarnishing it will add to the enjoyment you and your have sailing it.

zikzik

Visit site
I have a Kondor, which I bought about five years ago as an unfinished kit. The original owner, Steve Rea, used to offer boats cheaper for buyers to complete. It is treated inside (Woodskin, five coats) and painted outside. It has a Mirror rig and sails etc. Plus an outboard transom panel. It is garaged in Poole. Though I can easily bring it up to near Bath if that’s nearer?
Unfortunately, it gets little or no use, so I should sell it. Pm if this sounds interesting to you.
It is not, nor has been up for sale so there are no images ready to supply initially.