Scotland can go sailing on 28th May?

D

Deleted member 36384

We shall see what is proscribed / prescribed, I am not holding my breath.

FlyingGoose

Visit site
She did mention golf and fishing and other outdoor sports will be reviled on Thursday , I am an optimistic bugger and think we will get it but follow England in the no staying overnight ,
If anyone can get satisfaction hitting a wee white ball around in the sand well what can I say :p

awol

Visit site
She did mention golf and fishing and other outdoor sports will be reviled on Thursday , I am an optimistic bugger and think we will get it but follow England in the no staying overnight ,
If anyone can get satisfaction hitting a wee white ball around in the sand well what can I say :p
Take the tide round the MoK to Ardminish, eat, play 9 holes, a couple of ? ? in the hotel, then take the next tide north. It's tradition!

wallacebob

Visit site
Plan details on Thursday. It does revolve around relaxed travel restrictions, so at the least we should be able to visit boats. I’m on the hard, and will likely remain there this season unfortunately. I doubt if group crane in will be possible. Lots of maintenance this summer! And rowing the tender round the bay.....

CapPugwash

Visit site
I have a sneaky suspicion that she will announce a relaxation of the rules but they won't take immediate effect. When they do kick in I'm expecting her to ristrict us to the area immediately around our houses. So we can go sailing but only in our bath tubs.

wully1

Visit site
My other half was going to buy me a foiling lesson there (Portland) but having seen the size of the barrel jellyfish there I am not at all keen anymore
I went on a foiling lesson there - windsurfing foiling- and it was surreal after how ever many years windsurfing.
Stopped off on the way home and bought a full foiling package....it’s addictive.

magicol

Visit site
For those of us with boats in marinas in Scotland, the important thing is easing restrictions on outdoor working. If staff and contractors can get back even to some level of work, marinas will be able to function again at least to a limited extent. Here’s hoping anyway.

CapPugwash

Visit site
For those of us with boats in marinas in Scotland, the important thing is easing restrictions on outdoor working. If staff and contractors can get back even to some level of work, marinas will be able to function again at least to a limited extent. Here’s hoping anyway.

Some do have a limited service already. Liveaboards are there of course.

Some weeks ago Largs told me that they would be starting up the fuel berth around mid May. I don't know if they did though.

ProDave

Alness / Black Isle Northern Scottish Highlands.
Visit site
If I am reading this right, phase 1 of the Scottish plan to lift restrictions will come into effect on 28th May (or just a few days later)

This will allow outdoor non contact sports and mixing with 1 person not from your household.

Does everyone else agree that therefore we can slipway launch out boat and go sailing?

FlyingGoose

Visit site
I can not get onto the website it has crashed, all us sailors accessing it .
But I can assume sailing will be good to go as outdoor shops are allowed to open to I assume marinas, and chandlers ,,

TLouth7

Visit site
Nothing really in the speech, will have to wait for more detail. The Scottish Government is supposed to be publishing a document today which might have more information.

I note she did not mention whether driving will be allowed, I though the comments about walking or cycling to do exercise are the same as current guidance.

ProDave

Alness / Black Isle Northern Scottish Highlands.
Visit site
Sory I did not realise this thread was already open, ignore the one I started just now.

I listened to the speech. Outdoor non contact sport will be allowed and you can travel though they prefer you keep close to home, so there is one big grey area. I am working on the 20 miles to our boat is "close to home"

And you can meet with one person not in your holsehold as long as you keep 2 metres apart, so opposite ends of the cockpit?

BabySharkDooDooDooDooDoo

Visit site
Hopefully your experience of reopening will be better than the rather chaotic reactions of the various harbour authorities and commercial operators reported on the various threads here.

In addition to the ongoing debate about overnight stays I believe Cowes Harbour Commissioners are preventing the commercial marinas from taking short stay visitors

dimdav

Visit site
I can not get onto the website it has crashed, all us sailors accessing it .
But I can assume sailing will be good to go as outdoor shops are allowed to open to I assume marinas, and chandlers ,,
Website has crashed but STV have it posted on twitter. Travel is no more than 5 miles! oh well thats me not getting to the boat!

Members online

No members online now.