Schengen entry procedure

Marmalade

Visit site
Dumping food on entry...

I have emailed the RYA about this and they've said they're investigating it.
Don't tell me a container ship leaving Felixstowe and docking in Rotterdam won't have food in the refridgerators and freezers for its 10-15 person crew so this must be a clear and present question...

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Dumping food on entry...

Don't tell me a container ship leaving Felixstowe and docking in Rotterdam won't have food in the refridgerators and freezers for its 10-15 person crew so this must be a clear and present question...
I read somewhere that frozen food is exempt. But whether that only applies to exporters, in this case a sausage producer, I don’t know.

westhinder

Visit site
Dumping food on entry...

I think you will find it only applies to food that is taken ashore. As long as it remains on board there is no issue

Gargleblaster

Visit site
Of course what is and isn't allowed in can be a matter of local interpretation sometimes when it comes to food. Australia is particularly strict. I arrived in Coffs Harbour a port of entry some years ago. Had eaten or disposed of much of my fresh food. Even drunk the last two bottles of beer I had acquired in the Caribbean and felt that I had met the regulations. However I had some banana and toffee granola bars that as they contained banana were confiscated. I then proceeded to the Pittwater just north of Sydney and as part of the entry process was checked for woodworm or deathwatdh beetle or something in the wood trim. The very senior inspector told me that my granola bars were actually ok to bring in, but I didn't fight the current back to retrieve them. Oh and the boat didn't have any deathwatch beetle.