Satellite Tracking

Lakesailor

Visit site
Re: Note on Tracking

As Sting said [ QUOTE ]
this unit comes out of an ex-Col Gadaffi tank and was meant to go into a Trans-African delivery truck. Fortunately, GlobalTrack is run by an ex-army mate of mine and so he sent the unit my way on condition that I use it on Stingo so that they can use me as a test thingie while they get the maritime sector going. They're still working in the maritime interface, hence you can see all the roads, but hey ho, mid-pond both of our fans will still be able to see the important stuff. And if it stops reporting, the fans can assume that we've lost our electrics. [/quote}

Lakesailor

Visit site

As Stingo said [ QUOTE ]
this unit comes out of an ex-Col Gadaffi tank and was meant to go into a Trans-African delivery truck. Fortunately, GlobalTrack is run by an ex-army mate of mine and so he sent the unit my way on condition that I use it on Stingo so that they can use me as a test thingie while they get the maritime sector going. They're still working in the maritime interface, hence you can see all the roads, but hey ho, mid-pond both of our fans will still be able to see the important stuff. And if it stops reporting, the fans can assume that we've lost our electrics. [/quote}

longjohnsadler

Visit site

I think we were the ones who got our knickers in a twist, nothing to do with you forumites so carry on its fun to read- can't get near this computer when LJS is home and horsey forums aren't quite the same. swmbo

tome

www.google.co.uk

Hee hee. It's looking great so far isn't it?

It amazes me that we can sit here at home following the progress of a boat mid Atlantic with emails, tracking and all that stuff when it would have been regarded as science fiction nonsense just a few years back

Vara

Visit site
Re: Its all a jolly jape!

Ummm................I'm not at all sure that this is not a sophisticated wheeze by TCM and his little friends.

BigWow has a big catamaran,he keeps it in the North of England and when I zoom in on google earth it's there clear as day.

If I do the same on Mojomo...........................nothing,not a sign not even a hint of a vessel.

Could it be that they are in fact sitting in some low-life bar in Whitby laughing up their sleeves at the gullible viewers on the forum?

It was all looking pretty credible until the report that a fish was caught.

Bergman

Visit site

Yes

Was making a similar point on the live aboard forum.

The world somehow seems to have shrunk. Not sure how good a thing it is but inevitable I guess.

If I stop to think I still marvel at cellphones.

When I started in the comms game you'd have been laughed out of court if you'd described this system we're all looking at.

hlb

RIP
Visit site

Well I've got this titchy little map of the world. Wth a whole pile of numbers crossing the whole of the Americas, pointing to some dot, which because of the scale, seems to stay in just about the same place. The zoom dont work, neather do any other buttons and google earth aint playing. Mind, no broad here, were only country yokles.

Lakesailor

Visit site

Sorry you're having problems . Is this any good?

I don't know who is sailing the hand.

WebCam039.jpg

claymore

Visit site

Oh - how very droll. For your information my knickers are never twisted and the question I asked was whether the software might be playing up because if one looked on Googleurth there was a large crack right across the sea-bed just up in front of them.
Being aware of the conditions that the rock on the sea bed in Corryvreckan can create, I wondered if it was a similar phenomenon. I regret having asked this as the LongStreakySadler has pm'd me about a cleavage which has rather raised a few concerns for the safety and virginity of Para. Did they take bromide with them?

claymore

Visit site

Aye - but just think of the journey travelled - what would your old Dad have said if you told him that there you were - sat on a stinkie in Garstang Marina watching an Orange Dot that used to be called Mojomo that changed overnight to a load of numbers and inside that Dot are a selection of the biggest scallywags God created...now just what would he have said?

Twister_Ken

'ang on a mo, I'll just take some bearings
Visit site

On GurgleBath, click on ruler icon on top toolbar. Little window opens. Click on mouse navigation and line. Select nautical miles as unit. Put cross hairs on yellowblob that represents our noble colleagues, then drag cross hairs to Lands end. You get a reading of distance to go, which is gives a better idea of progress than the barely moving yellowblob. Currently 2673.42nm, BTW (yes, I know the'yre going via the Arsesores, but WTF.)

Phoenix of Hamble

mishapsandmemories.blogspot.com

Para caught a thread on the pontoon from the bottom of his purple cardigan before they left, which is slowly unravelling...... he's now getting chilly, and expects to be naked by the time they reach the Azores....... /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Twister_Ken

'ang on a mo, I'll just take some bearings
Visit site

Seems from the GRIB overlay they've managed to park in the least windy spot in the North Atlantic.

Hope they're not paying for the EBB weather routing service.

(Are they actually going to the Azores? Seems to me TCM is the kindaguy who might shoot for a hole in one.)

longjohnsadler

Visit site

Oh dear There they are approaching the cleavage with the pulsating pustulating sores having seen no land for two weeks ....only Para.

Will it be Impellors WAH-HOY.

Worried SWMBO

Added instruction: insert smiley 2 (don't know how to), a bit cross but perplexed as well