Sailorman: missing in action?

Capt Popeye

Visit site
Justa thought but is a good idea for Sailorman to be taken for a poss last sail aboard her, others doing the Sailing, Sailorman doing the HRH bit ?

Not sure about his healthand abilities but might he appreciate it ?

wingdiver

WWW.MYSPACE.COM
He phoned me and said the same. His thoughts are that JB is in good nick currently, which makes selling now a better idea rather than waiting only for her to deteriorate. Massively sad as he's owned and looked after her for 20+ years.

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
He phoned me and said the same. His thoughts are that JB is in good nick currently, which makes selling now a better idea rather than waiting only for her to deteriorate. Massively sad as he's owned and looked after her for 20+ years.

That's what he said to me too.
He was quite emotional about it. Called it the end of an era.
The end of our sailing life comes to us all sooner or later, but it came a lot sooner than Roger had envisaged. (told me he had only recently upgraded the electrics and electronics on JB).
Also that fact that someone in social services described him as 'disabled' came as quite a shock to him.

pvb

Visit site
That's what he said to me too.
He was quite emotional about it. Called it the end of an era.
The end of our sailing life comes to us all sooner or later, but it came a lot sooner than Roger had envisaged. (told me he had only recently upgraded the electrics and electronics on JB).
Also that fact that someone in social services described him as 'disabled' came as quite a shock to him.

It's something most of us face sooner or later. Roger was unlucky that it came sooner, but his decision to sell is sensible, and hopefully a new owner will continue to lavish attention on his boat. In the meantime, perhaps the Social Services "disabled" label will spur Roger on to a faster recovery!

Marmalade

Visit site
A shame for a number of reasons - not least because it implies a lengthy period of being not-fully-able. Had hoped for a quick and full recovery :-(

michael_w

Visit site
His physio will include making a start on sorting out the umpteen boxes of stuff we took off JB, including no less than 15 baseball caps!

michael_w

Visit site
SWMBO and I called in on Roger this afternoon. Certainly, he's aged and looking a bit gaunt. He's asked me to extend his thanks and best wishes for all the messages of support from the forum and else where.

He's getting control back of his left leg and can lift it on and off the footstool as well as push it about. Standing with the assistance of a frame is starting to come, though not walking yet. As I'm sure you can all imagine he's finding it very frustrating. Mrs Sailorman is looking weary too.

thalassa

www.wv-saeftinghe.nl
SWMBO and I called in on Roger this afternoon. Certainly, he's aged and looking a bit gaunt. He's asked me to extend his thanks and best wishes for all the messages of support from the forum and else where.

He's getting control back of his left leg and can lift it on and off the footstool as well as push it about. Standing with the assistance of a frame is starting to come, though not walking yet. As I'm sure you can all imagine he's finding it very frustrating. Mrs Sailorman is looking weary too.
Through me, best wishes to Roger from the Harbour Master at Ostend who is sorry to hear of Roger's illness and the possibility of Jolie Brise not turning up at Oostende voor Anker.

adamstjohn

Visit site
Through me, best wishes to Roger from the Harbour Master at Ostend who is sorry to hear of Roger's illness and the possibility of Jolie Brise not turning up at Oostende voor Anker.
we sailed back with him from OVA a couple of years ago, was looking forward to sailing there with him again in the future. Good guy with a good boat. Hope things are improving Roger.