Sailorman: missing in action?

pvb

Visit site
That’s a bit unfair. The NHS is actually pretty good at organising when Central Government stops interfering.

Is it unfair? How well did the NHS app work? How well did the £40 billion NHS Test & Trace programme work? How well did their £10 billion new computer system work (hint: it was cancelled after spending £10 billion)? How well will the NHS vaccination programme work, after they've declined the help of 11,000 local pharmacists who already deliver NHS flu jabs?

ex-Gladys

Visit site
My comment about Central Government interfering still stands. All those things are their initiative including giving the T & T job to Dido Harding, failed Talk Talk CEO, wife of Con MP Penrose and friend of the Camerons.
And outsourced by the Cabinet Office under very suspect rapid procurement through various consultancies

pvb

Visit site
I spent my whole working life dealing with their ‘Reforms’. If ever there was a case of Jim Hacker meddling with stuff when he had less than no idea, well that was it.

OK, let's just keep hurling endless amounts of money at the NHS, in the vague hope that they might spend some of it wisely.