Sailorman: missing in action?

johnalison

Visit site
Roger gave me a text then a call this morning. His speech is a bit drawly, but perfectly understandable. Chatted about antifouling for JB. Considering the new Hempel stuff, but there's many layers of Jotun to deal with. She'll be staying afloat through the winter.

He's saying that he can't get much rest as the other inmates can snore for England and it's all rather noisy. Some control returning on his left side.
I feel for him. I spent several weeks in hospital some years ago and lack of rest from being disturbed by other patients nearly drove me up the wall.

Reactions: Mel

ChattingLil

Visit site
Hurrah! I just spoke to Roger for a couple of minutes. ?

Speech is slower than usual but perfectly understandable. And retains wicked sense of humour. Eg much joke about stomach upset and attendant attention to his nethers...

Suspect it's tricky to type on phone. Was amused when told about this thread.

Pam not allowed back in for the time being.

I think he might appreciate a few calls from people close to him.

Rustyknight

Visit site
If someone can show him these two top tips from me, it might put a smile on his face. The first was from day 3 in hospital after my stroke, the second was after I'd been home for a few days....

Top tip No. 1, When you've had a pee and want to try and keep clean, don't wash yer knob with hand sanitizer. It makes you cry! Use the soap dispenser instead.

Top tip No. 2, When you've lost the use of an arm, if you drop your pants to pee standing up, step back from the toilet before trying to pull them up. If you dont, the dead arm goes straight down the bowl, and you get rather wet. Of course, if you flush first its not that much of a problem.

tillergirl

Visit site
If someone can show him these two top tips from me, it might put a smile on his face. The first was from day 3 in hospital after my stroke, the second was after I'd been home for a few days....

Top tip No. 1, When you've had a pee and want to try and keep clean, don't wash yer knob with hand sanitizer. It makes you cry! Use the soap dispenser instead.

Top tip No. 2, When you've lost the use of an arm, if you drop your pants to pee standing up, step back from the toilet before trying to pull them up. If you dont, the dead arm goes straight down the bowl, and you get rather wet. Of course, if you flush first its not that much of a problem.

It is quite odd how important to do the .... The first words I was able to say were 'I need a wee'. The night charge nurse was quite surprised/shocked when I spoke.

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
Just got of the phone with Roger.
He was quite pleased and relieved to be still around to 'celebrate' his ..th birthday.

He speech was clear but somewhat slow.
He misses his boat and fears rabbits might have found out he's not around.
Physio remains a struggle and his left hand is still 'next to useless' (his words).
Also, struggling to maintain a balance, but he has been making progress these last few days.
Very complimentary of the Addenbrooke's staff - they look after him well (and have their hands full).
Not being able to recieve visitors (not even his wife and son) is starting to weigh on him.
He is very grateful for the kind phonecalls he has received and knows he has missed a couple of calls, but he finds his phone confusing at times.
This may also explain the continued WhatsApp silence.

He wanted to express his particular gratitude to @michael_w (and mrs) for looking after JB for him.

I do hope he makes a full recovery as I am not ready to lose an old and valued friend.

PilotWolf

Visit site
I q
Just got of the phone with Roger.
He was quite pleased and relieved to be still around to 'celebrate' his ..th birthday.

He speech was clear but somewhat slow.
He misses his boat and fears rabbits might have found out he's not around.
Physio remains a struggle and his left hand is still 'next to useless' (his words).
Also, struggling to maintain a balance, but he has been making progress these last few days.
Very complimentary of the Addenbrooke's staff - they look after him well (and have their hands full).
Not being able to recieve visitors (not even his wife and son) is starting to weigh on him.
He is very grateful for the kind phonecalls he has received and knows he has missed a couple of calls, but he finds his phone confusing at times.
This may also explain the continued WhatsApp silence.

He wanted to express his particular gratitude to @michael_w (and mrs) for looking after JB for him.

I do hope he makes a full recovery as I am not ready to lose an old and valued friend.

Is there a way to set up FaceTime or similar so they can at least see each other