Sailing with Bogie: A memoir of Humphrey Bogart's Passion for the Sea (by Larry Dudley)

Star-Lord

Visit site

Star-Lord

Visit site
Thanks for that.

I hope he didn't emulate Captain Queeg!
No but there is a very interesting telling of the moments before Bogie talks to John Huston about making the African Queen. The book was being read by a shipmate who passed it onto Bogie - he read it in one sitting - and called Huston wanting to make the movie... But Huston said he wanted to make a movie based on the book 'The African Queen' before Bogie could say he had just read the book!

Clint Eastwood's 'White Hunter, Black Heart' is a film about the making of the African Queen. Clint plays Huston. It is one of the best films in the genre (films about films). It is a great movie.

Poignard

Visit site
No but there is a very interesting telling of the moments before Bogie talks to John Huston about making the African Queen. The book was being read by a shipmate who passed it onto Bogie - he read it in one sitting - and called Huston wanting to make the movie... But Huston said he wanted to make a movie based on the book 'The African Queen' before Bogie could say he had just read the book!

Clint Eastwood's 'White Hunter, Black Heart' is a film about the making of the African Queen. Clint plays Huston. It is one of the best films in the genre (films about films). It is a great movie.
Fascinating. I'll see if I can find that Clint Eastwood film.