Sailing in Greece

Visit site
Are you sure. If you belong to the 90/180 group you can plan for August, September, October and not lose out. Vic and many others cruise into November i believe.

I think the way I read this is that he/she will not have a test or vaccination, to get a green passport, I'm the same.

BurnitBlue

Visit site
I think the way I read this is that he/she will not have a test or vaccination, to get a green passport, I'm the same.
That may be true. It is a pity the EU srewed up with the aquisition of the vaccines because the basic idea seemed OK. Because FoM meant many people were outside their citizen state, it was good if countries would vaccinate everyone within their borders. The screw up put vaccines in short supply especially in the poorer states so they had to attend to their own citizens first.

Irish Rover

Visit site
The Greek and Turkish Foreign Ministers met in Athens today and, according to Turkish media, agreed in principle on a package of measures to improve relations and economic cooperation. Included in the measures agreed was mutual recognition of each other's Covid vaccination certificates. Is there anything in the Greek media about this? Does it mean boats from Turkey may be accepted this season?
Greece, Turkey agree to recognize each other’s COVID-19 vaccine certificates

Irish Rover

Visit site
I have a friend with a yacht in yat marine he has just had a knee replacement and asked if it was possible to come to Lavrio with a delivery crew.
My understanding is he can get a professional crew to deliver the yacht but he cannot be on board when it arrives in Greece. Depending on his nationality and, of course, his mobility and fitness to travel, he might be able to fly from Turkey to Athens. Turkish Airlines have a number of flights every day. Details of who can arrive by air and the relevant health requirements were given in the link I posted this morning.

Irish Rover

Visit site
Thanks. Much appreciated. We're heading off for a few weeks tomorrow. We would have gone west if we were accepted so we're going to head north to Sığacak, Çeşme and probably Avalik. If Greece opens next week we might cross to Chios or Lesvos and head south from there.

wwalsh

Visit site
Μ. Ροδίτης: «Ανεπιθύμητα τα σκάφη αναψυχής στη Ρόδο και Κω – Στον αέρα ο θαλάσσιος τουρισμός»

The rigid attitude of the Hellenic Police Headquarters and the Port Authorities of Rhodes and Kos will shake the Maritime Tourism of the Dodecanese.

And while the season for Maritime Tourism has started and seems to be going very well, however, there can be no lack of Misunderstanding and eternal bureaucracy somewhere in the chaos of the decision centers.

The problem is big since they have "eaten" Red most of the boats that come to Rhodes and Kos from Ports outside Schengen of the Eastern Mediterranean (such as Turkey) essentially for reasons for which there is no longer a logical explanation.

Maritime Tourism of the Dodecanese has become a ball that goes from one service to another.

The Joint Ministerial Decision states that vessels from the aforementioned countries can enter the country through selected gates only with their crew. And so far so good.

Unfortunately, the Passport Control of Rhodes and Kos, following orders from the Hellenic Police Headquarters, announces an order stating that the specific services will not carry out Passport Control on Passengers but the Control of Sailors will be done at the Central Port Authority of Rhodes and Kos.

So the Naval Agents go with the documents and the IDs / passports of the sailors to the Port Authorities of Rhodes and Kos and there they find a negative attitude from the port authorities because they say that a sailor is the one who has a naval booklet but at the same time they recognize through Laws, Provisions, Circulars, JMC, etc. that "Seafarer means any person who has been hired or employed or works and with any specialty is signed on a ship to which this Regulation applies." nevertheless, they refer the matter to the Passport Control. This happens even for European Citizens but also after the opinion of the Officials of the Ministry of Shipping and Island Policy where among other things they mention:

Nevertheless, the boats do not come to Rhodes and Kos, with the result that the unjustified reduction of boat arrivals reaches 60% and the absurdity is that no prohibition measures apply, but the Absurdity of Misunderstanding of Services applies.

Let them tell us in any case that the Services do not want Maritime Tourism so that we as nautical agents can inform the yachts that want to come to Greece that although the passengers are Sailors nevertheless the Greek Services do not consider them sailors SO THEY ARE UNWANTED IN THE COUNTRY

The actions we have taken as Shipping Agents are:

Request without response from the Hellenic Police Headquarters

Requests / Verbal and Non at Passport Checks in Rhodes and Kos / No Answer

Request to the Directorates of the Ministry of Shipping and Island Policy / with controversial answers

Requests to the Central Port Authorities of Rhodes and Kos / Response from Kos with a letter of information to the 2nd Dodecanese Police Directorate of the current legislation

We have June 16th and since May 14th we have not come to an end with any factor and absolutely no service and no one takes responsibility for the good of this place that begins and REQUESTS MERCY FROM EVERYONE !!!!!!

I call on the Honorable Members of Parliament of the Dodecanese to intervene

Thank you for the hospitality

MICHALIS RODITIS

Dodecanese Representative of the Panhellenic Association of Maritime Agents and Professional Port Users

Last edited:

Indigoed

Visit site
Having read the above NOTAM I can see that the text says:

"CAA said that permanent residents of the European Union and the Schengen area are exempted from this NOTAM, as are citizens from the following countries: Australia, North Macedonia, United Arab Emirates, United States of America, United Kingdom, Israel, Canada, Belarus, Bahrain, New Zealand, South Korea, Qatar, China, Kuwait, Ukraine, Rwanda, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Serbia, Thailand, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Montenegro, Albania, Japan, and Lebanon."

The text specifically says permanent resident...

Does that not cover me as a permanent UK resident who wants to bring his boat to Greece from Turkey? or is this just related to air travel?

Irish Rover

Visit site
Having read the above NOTAM I can see that the text says:

"CAA said that permanent residents of the European Union and the Schengen area are exempted from this NOTAM, as are citizens from the following countries: Australia, North Macedonia, United Arab Emirates, United States of America, United Kingdom, Israel, Canada, Belarus, Bahrain, New Zealand, South Korea, Qatar, China, Kuwait, Ukraine, Rwanda, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Serbia, Thailand, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Montenegro, Albania, Japan, and Lebanon."

The text specifically says permanent resident...

Does that not cover me as a permanent UK resident who wants to bring his boat to Greece from Turkey? or is this just related to air travel?
The notam refers to air travel and there's a separate notice regarding arrivals by sea which specifically bans yachts arriving fro Turkey with the exception of those carrying only professional crew. See #68

Star-Lord

Visit site
Greece can go to Hell! LMAO they do not accept us from Turkey LOL They hassle over paperwork that Italy or Spain or Portugal accept. LOL What a bunch of Jokers.