Sailing in Greece

OldBawley

Visit site
Most yachts I saw pasing were not charter yachts. Unless carbon one off´s and 40 meter mobo´s are now normal charter yachts. some very big brand new catamarans with only 2 people on board, those could be charter yachts.

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
You are there and I believe what you say and see, not many 40 m mobo's that are not in Charter though.
Not a lot of movement here in Lavrio ,but they are all ready to go.

Still don't know the official position of private yachts .

OldBawley

Visit site
I agree that all big mobo´s are charter boats but I suspect that is a way to let taxpayers make up for the “losses” of the business and the yacht.

Many are also run by a shipping company so in Greece that means reduced everything up to free fuel.

As I understand, if you visit a Greek island by boat (ferry- yacht) you need a Covid passport. Or have a 70€ test. Indoor sports are permitted, sailing is not. ??????????

wwalsh

Visit site
kind of ironic

In a press conference organized in Sounio, the Minister of Tourism Haris Theocharis and the General Secretary of EOT, Dimitris Fragakis, presented today the 2021 tourism campaign " We are opening Sails ".

" It is now a fact: We are opening sails ", said Mr. Theocharis, starting his introductory statement......

Last edited:

Irish Rover

Visit site
Seems l
This is clearly good news. Do you have any idea what *crew means entering from Turkey and Albania. Is it professional crew only or are self-crewed private yachts included?

wwalsh

Visit site
Δ1α/ΓΠ.οικ. 29925/13-05-2021 Προϋποθέσεις εισόδου στη χώρα προς περιορισμό της διασποράς του κορωνοϊού COVID-19

Article 5
Special arrangements for maritime connections

1. a) It is allowed the arrival in the Greek Territory of private pleasure boats and professional tourist ships, regardless of flag and carrying capacity of up to forty nine (49) passengers, if they come from States for which no special restrictive measures apply and if the passengers have completed at least fourteen days before the vaccination or have been negatively tested in a laboratory test for COVID-19 coronavirus by the PCR method, which has been performed by taking an oral-pharyngeal or nasopharyngeal smear within the last seventy-two (72) hours before their first port of call from abroad or have a certificate of illness or positive diagnosis by PCR or antigen valid for two (2) to nine (9) months. The above are proved in accordance with the provisions of par.
b) For ships of item a) which do not come from Member States of the European Union (EU) and the Schengen Agreement, the first arrival in the Greek Territory takes place exclusively in ports that are gateways to Schengen.
c) At least six (6) hours before the arrival of the ships in the first Greek port, the masters / captains inform the competent Port Authority, by any appropriate means, about the data related to the vaccination or the negative PCR test or the confirmation of disease or a positive diagnosis of the passengers on board.
d) Passengers of pleasure boats that do not meet the obligations of circumstance a) upon their arrival in the first Greek port, are subject to mandatory laboratory medical examination or examination for rapid detection of coronavirus antigen COVID-19 (rapid test). Until the results of the tests are issued, the occupants remain on board, and in case they are detected as positive for COVID-19 coronavirus, they remain in a mandatory restriction for fourteen (14) days.

2. With the care of the shipowner or the shipowner, the manager and the masters / captains of the ships of par. 1 is ensured:
a) All the passengers of the ships as follows:
aa) ships with a carrying capacity of up to twelve (12) passengers, with all of them,
ab) ships with a permitted total number of passengers over twelve (12), for which the capacity of more than twelve (12) passengers at a time is reduced by half and added to that of twelve (12) passengers. If this reduction does not result in an integer, it is rounded to the next.
b) Ships with a number of cabins over ten (10) and up to fifteen (15), one (1) of them must be kept empty, while in the case of ships with more than fifteen (15) cabins two (2) of them must be kept empty. of them.
c) The observance of a minimum distance of one and a half (1.5) meters between those riding on them.

3. Temporary restriction of all maritime connections with Turkey and Albania. The ban does not cover the carriage of goods by ships, as well as empty passenger yachts, regardless of flag.

4.a) The arrival in the Greek Territory of empty recreational passenger ships, regardless of flag, coming from Albania and Turkey, is allowed if the masters / commanders and crew members have completed the vaccination at least fourteen days ago or have been diagnosed with negative laboratory test for coronavirus COVID-19 by PCR method, which has been performed by taking an oral-pharyngeal or nasopharyngeal smear within the last seventy two (72) hours before their arrival in the first Greek port of arrival or have a certificate of disease or positive PCR or antigen validity of two (2) to nine (9) months. The above are proved in accordance with the provisions of par. 2 of article three,
b) for the ships of circumstance a), the first arrival in the Greek Territory is allowed:
ba) in the ports of Corfu, Igoumenitsa and Preveza for the ships coming from Albania,
bb) in the ports of Kavala, Mytilene, Chios, Samos, Kos and Rhodes for ships coming from Turkey,
bg) at least six (6) hours before the arrival of the ships in the first Greek port, the masters / captains inform the competent Port Authority, by any appropriate means, about the data concerning the vaccination or the negative PCR test or the certificate of illness or positive diagnosis of the passengers on board,
c) to the persons who violate the provisions of the present, and without prejudice to the foreseen criminal sanctions, for each violation, with a justified act of the competent Port Authority, an administrative fine of five thousand (5,000) euros is imposed.

5. The passengers, the masters / captains, the crew members, the shipowners or shipowners or the managers of the ships of par. ports, coves or coasts, to comply with the guidelines for the prevention and treatment of COVID-19 cases on private pleasure craft after the removal of the COVID-19 pandemic restrictive measures and the guidelines for the prevention and treatment of COVID-19 coronavirus cases on after the lifting of the restrictive measures to deal with the COVID-19 pandemic, respectively, which are posted on the website of the Ministry of Shipping and Island Policy (https: //www.ynanp. gr / el /).

6. For each violation of par. 1, 2 and 3 is imposed, without prejudice to the criminal penalties, by reasoned act of the competent Port Authority, as the case may be:
a) to passengers and crew members an administrative fine of five hundred (500) euros ,
b) to the shipowner or shipowner, the manager, as well as the masters or captains, an administrative fine of one thousand (1,000) euros.

Irish Rover

Visit site
I think it is ok if greek type crew list provided listing all persons as crew.
I'd dearly love to see a more clear official announcement. I'm not sure I'd be happy to turn up with my better half and daughter in view of the wording of the regulation viz

"3. Temporary restriction of all maritime connections with Turkey and Albania. The ban does not cover the carriage of goods by ships, as well as empty passenger yachts, regardless of flag.

4.a) The arrival in the Greek Territory of empty recreational passenger ships, regardless of flag, coming from Albania and Turkey, is allowed if the masters / commanders and crew members have completed the vaccination etc"

I hope we can get some clarity soon.
Thanks for keeping us updated.

Reactions: rib

alexsailor

Visit site
yes, for now they have replaced quarantine with test

Jun 1 will be the launch of the eu digital green certificates for travel
but so called green passport will require vaccination or PCR test...

so no Greece for me this summer...

grumpygit

Visit site
Flipping hell,!,, I have not received my AMKA to get a vaccine date yet . I applied in February ...Am I to stay in this port forever.

Try and apply again, there is an English section now on the Emvolio site. The are throwing appointments around like confetti at the moment. I had my first jab a couple of weeks ago and I have had 4 temporary AMKA's since.

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
Try and apply again, there is an English section now on the Emvolio site. The are throwing appointments around like confetti at the moment. I had my first jab a couple of weeks ago and I have had 4 temporary AMKA's since.
I went into the Town Hall last Friday and the helpful staff there did it again for me ,this time in Greek . The KEp were hopeless.

Irish Rover

Visit site
I think it is ok if greek type crew list provided listing all persons as crew.
Boats from Turkey are not being accepted at present apart from yachts with professional crew but without passengers/guests. I spoke to a guy who runs a charter operation here in Kusadasi and he said his agent in Greece told him that there will be a review in early June and boats from Turkey may be accepted after that. Apparently Samos, Kos, Rhodes and some of the other eastern islands are pressing to allow entry to Turkish boats. I'm not holding my breath.