Sailing club recommendations for Falmouth Area

Adrian62

Visit site
Hi looking for any recommendations for a sailing club in Falmouth . Would ideally like a club that welcomes new members and is not clicky , not interested in racing just cruising . Happy to join in all activities .

Goldie

Visit site
Hi looking for any recommendations for a sailing club in Falmouth . Would ideally like a club that welcomes new members and is not clicky , not interested in racing just cruising . Happy to join in all activities .

I found Mylor YC very welcoming when I joined 19 years ago and hopefully, we still are! There is a welcoming page, along with outline of what the Club offers, on the Club website. Feel free to drop me a PM if you’d like more information.

Rosa

Visit site
I found Mylor YC very welcoming when I joined 19 years ago and hopefully, we still are! There is a welcoming page, along with outline of what the Club offers, on the Club website. Feel free to drop me a PM if you’d like more information.

I'm also a member of the excellent Mylor YC.

duncan99210

Winter in Falmouth, summer on board Rampage.
djbyrne.wordpress.com
There’s also Restronguet Sailing Club: its adjacent to Mylor Harbour (where Mylor Yacht Club is). Primarily a dinghy club but they’ve got a decent set of moorings and a cruising section. They‘re a friendly bunch and welcome new members. I used to be a member but dropped out when I moved onto a contract at Mylor Harbour.
There’s also Flushing Sailing Club but their primary focus is on racing. Friendly bunch: our gig club regularly uses their clubhouse for meetings and social get togethers.

Goldie

Visit site
[QUOTE="Adrian62, post: 7190925, me
Thanks for your suggestions and advice will pop down to Mylor when they re open . We are only round the corner in Penryn[/QUOTE]

Excellent. Lockdown apart, the Club is normally closed Mondays and Tuesdays but any time the ensign is flying, it’s open. The Manager (Mark) will make you very welcome and introduce you to the Club.

Reactions: DJE