Sailing Channels and the new world order.

Star-Lord

Visit site
Christian Williams is confused about social distancing.... (and if you are confused and do not know who Christian Williams is then watch second the video that has been viewed by 1.7m people before you ;))

Last edited:

Kelpie

Visit site
From Kittiwake's Facebook on 26th March:

OK now that we’ve slept we can update you properly. 25 days at sea, 5kn average speed, 3,000nm. Countless flying fish, 5 ships, 4 mahi mahis on the hook (1 in our bellies), and nothing but waves.
The windvane and the sails did all the work, really, but we had our challenges - the biggest one was the stress of not being able to land anywhere. We’re ecstatic to be in gorgeous Bequia.

IanR

seascape2016.blogspot.com
Star-lord. Just wanted to express my appreciation for the collection of videos. I have been in lockdown in my small flat confined away from my boat and a chance to have some escapism is worth a lot. Keep safe all.

Star-Lord

Visit site
A Game of Crowns
'We're still holed up in the outskirts of Paris on our little boat, lock-down restrictions have become tighter, but were making the most of it. Just counting down the days till we can take these french canals down to the glorious Mediterranean, were we still hope to have a lovely summer cruising, In this video, we do the boats sprayhood and grease those trusty old winches. We dont tell you what life is really like on a boat, we just try to show you.'

cherod

Visit site
Sweden is not locked down at the moment - seems like herd immunity / slaughter theory will be tested. If you go back a couple of episodes it seems like RAN have both had the flu already.
Edward Chancellor: governments’ reaction to the virus will come back to haunt us | MoneyWeek This podcast is very good...
yes SL i know they both have had CoV and " recovered " ( sic ),, and that the country has not gone crazy , i think we are all waiting too see how that goes while wishing them all the best ,, ( will be a big slap in the face to all the other countries if they are successful ) looks like the Gota canal could be a nice trip .

cherod

Visit site
Sweden is not locked down at the moment - seems like herd immunity / slaughter theory will be tested. If you go back a couple of episodes it seems like RAN have both had the flu already.
Edward Chancellor: governments’ reaction to the virus will come back to haunt us | MoneyWeek This podcast is very good...
wise words indeed , however incongruous from a spokesperson from the very system which is destroying our planet ,,,,,, i dont see how a herd immunity relates to a slaughter , but that is for another thread, maybe sweeden could be first port of call / open border this summer .

Kelpie

Visit site
It won't be possible to compare directly from one country to another. Different demographics, cultures etc. E.g. in Italy it seems quite common to have extended families together for lunch every Sunday- a great thing to do in normal times of course. Health care systems, and the extent to which lockdown is actually observed/enforced will also vary.

Visit site
It won't be possible to compare directly from one country to another. Different demographics, cultures etc. E.g. in Italy it seems quite common to have extended families together for lunch every Sunday- a great thing to do in normal times of course. Health care systems, and the extent to which lockdown is actually observed/enforced will also vary.
The Family Sunday Lunch is not unknown in Portugal but it won't be happening for many during the Easter period - we may not even go to th next town