Sailing Channels and the new world order.

Star-Lord

Visit site
Most do not post content in real time. It will be interesting to see how everyone copes in YouTube Land as events unfold.

Alan is well prepared in PNW and seems to be enjoying himself for once.

Emerald Steel talking sense on the East Coast US.

Follow The Boat in Malaysia.

Free Range Sailing in Tasmania are taking a break.

Star-Lord

Visit site
Patrick as informative as ever.

'My departure on a Transatlantic passage is delayed due to the virus. I explain the major improvements to the boat I have made in preparation for this passage: new bottom, new mainsail, new standing rigging, Iridium GO, temporary solar panels…..'

Star-Lord

Visit site
Sailing Fair Isle are a veteran journalist and broadcaster and a cameraman and I think they have been in tighter spots before!

Last edited:

Star-Lord

Visit site
So this is not a sailing show but is included because there is a Tilman connection! This is Nate Murphey's adventure show.... He's like a dirt bag climbing and living in a van but has just bought a place in Basque. His videos on how to convert a van to live in are very good.

Star-Lord

Visit site
If we want to view YouTube, we go there. Personally, I don't find these of any interest and maybe the lounge would be better suited.
These are Liveaboard sailors / sailors / except for Nate /dealing with the new world order like I am in Italy. And if you are living on your boat you are also facing these problems. If you were to view the Captain Rick one you will see two very emotional interviews with Italian crew past and present. This content obviously belongs in the liveaboard forum. I understand you may not like these channels or the people in them.. So a person would obviously not watch them. I actually think they are a valuable source of information and in years to come will be viewed as historical C19 documents.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Normally I don't watch YouTube sailing video but I have to say I have been watching them lately no so much for the chat but seeing yacht sailing give me hope we too will be soon .
Any way what else is there to do in between clean the SS and wash the deck before you start again the clean the SS .

cherod

Visit site
Normally I don't watch YouTube sailing video but I have to say I have been watching them lately no so much for the chat but seeing yacht sailing give me hope we too will be soon .
Any way what else is there to do in between clean the SS and wash the deck before you start again the clean the SS .
you are lucky ,,, many marinas are closed .

Star-Lord

Visit site
If you were in a busy marina with many liveabooard it could be quite hard, I think? And if a supermarket was not close by then everything would be a real pain.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
sorry , i was assuming that you were willingly polishing the SS !!!
It's no problem really , probably getting a bit touchiest after 15 days and not being able to go any where other then a shop then it's stright back.
And Other then a chat on the morning vhf and the odd time you pass someone who happen to pop their head out of the hatch.
Plus three days of torrential rain and wind so you can't even step on the pontoon to do some excise isn't helping .

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Perhaps less enjoyable than you've been used to but a touch better than living in a flat in a city tower block where the expression "stir crazy" would seem to be appropriate.
I think we all end up going stir crazy at some point , believe me when I say there nothing enjoyable being on a boat when your lock down, only consolation is when the sun comes out we can sit on deck and enjoy the warm rays .
Our main aim is trying to find things to keep us busy which lucky on a boat that not too hard .
The real concern we all have is how long this is going to go on for.

Star-Lord

Visit site
I have 3 neighbours, one of them is very quiet. The other is a lively 72 year old onboard a Rival 42. Yesterday he told me the laundrette was still open! I was amazed and he said it was an essential service. So that was real good news lol, best news for weeks! I used to go to the laundry close by run by some Indians next door to their corner shop. But my neighbours laundrette (the one that is open) is a good ten minute walk away and it is a very nice walk up the hill into the old town. I also spoke to my American neighbour on the opposite pontoon yesterday. So there are 5 boats in total that I know of in the marina. I usually wander down the pontoon with a mug of coffee and knock gently on the Rival for a chat.
The local newspaper is hinting lockdown may last well past Easter. I think the idea is to lock down till there are no new cases - otherwise what was the point?
Google Translate hopefully this chap has some clout here in Sardinia.

I am mentally preparing for locking down for at least a year or so. By then there should be enough equipment for everyone to be treated if necessary. Hopefully the airports here will not be open for some time and when they do passengers will at least be tested for a high temperature.

Last edited:

Star-Lord

Visit site
Perhaps less enjoyable than you've been used to but a touch better than living in a flat in a city tower block where the expression "stir crazy" would seem to be appropriate.
I feel very fortunate to be in a safe uncrowded marina in a largely non residential part of town. The supermarket is five minute walk and is very civilised and friendly. It is raining today but mostly the sun is out and sitting in the cockpit with the canvas all up and enclosed with one side open is a world away from most peoples lives right now.