Sailing allowed in lockdown

wizard

Visit site
IIRC the first lockdown was like this one with only exercise allowed and the guidance said something about "once a day for a limited time". When the rules were eased in May it became exercise or outdoor recreation and the guidance said "for unlimited periods" but you had to be at home overnight. I'm surprised that fishing is allowed under the current regime but I guess they have a powerful lobby group.

RYA - any positive news ?

matt1

Visit site
Well all credit to Jason Scott of the Hamble River Authority. Really impressed me with his approach to dealing with the Universal Marina land grab and has now further demonstrated that he has “mooring holders backs” by explicitly permitting us to use and visit our boats (within the guidelines and not staying overnight). Sensible, pragmatic and an example of leadership on thIs difficult issue. I’m impressed and heartened.

BabySharkDooDooDooDooDoo

Visit site
Well all credit to Jason Scott of the Hamble River Authority. Really impressed me with his approach to dealing with the Universal Marina land grab and has now further demonstrated that he has “mooring holders backs” by explicitly permitting us to use and visit our boats (within the guidelines and not staying overnight). Sensible, pragmatic and an example of leadership on thIs difficult issue. I’m impressed and heartened.

Has there recently been a change of personnel? Back during the first set of restrictions their behaviour was the total opposite.

NotBirdseye

Visit site
What is the difference between exercise and recreation?.... serious question

Recreation is entertainment.
Exercise is health & maintenance.

So... to put it another way you drive to work every day (this is permitted) but it's not permitted to take your car to a race track on the week ends (this would be recreation).

Capt Popeye

Visit site

matt1

Visit site
What a lot of rot then, how do they get round stay at home ?
They are putting the onus on the individual and donning their Teflon jackets so when numbers rise in the district they can shut down for longer.

A lot of people in Lymington can walk to their boats. You are allowed to exercise in public spaces, just not leave your area to do so

SailingDog

Visit site
A lot of people in Lymington can walk to their boats. You are allowed to exercise in public spaces, just not leave your area to do so
Accepted if that's the case. My vessel is 15 to 20 mins away, is that really local. I'm making the decision to not sail now in questionable conditions in the hope that lockdown will be eased by the time the weather is better. Today's glorious however.