Sailing allowed in lockdown

Adios

Visit site
I just copied the text. apart from a statement saying in relation to the most recent lockdown measures, that was the full extent of the statement. I bet they spent no more than a nano second putting that letter together with no thought at all.

Steveeasy
Then that's the unfiltered way they view their customers. Its not surprising i guess, all service sector workers view the public as the source of all their problems. Its probably a big relief to have an excuse to keep us out. I noticed our local recycling centre staff are loving the easy life and won't want to go back to how it was. Most GPs probably won't want to go back to having to be in the room with sick people all day. I think its going to take a while to claw back what we were getting for our money in many areas. The more we allow it to slide away the harder it will be though so its important to resist IMO.

SimonFa

Visit site
While debating what parliament wants you to do, how about looking at what they are doing themselves. No masks, no distancing, travelling to work for non-essential reasons in the most dangerous part of the country...one even seems to be wiping his nose on his hand!

View attachment 106544

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
They are distanced, there are symbols where they are not allowed to sit. Don't be fooled by lens compression.

longjohnsilver

Visit site
[QUOTE="TernVI, post:

The point is, HMG wants you to stay at home except for essentials and physical exercise like walking, cycling etc.
It really is that simple.

Yea just a really great idea, eh ?

What a better way to spread the Virus than posturing about outdoors, certainly out of 'one's bubble, mixing with 'other' breathing heavily, spreading one's contaminated Air mix with others all in all a very unhealthy way to live, but its recommended by Govt and Advisers so go for it, lets reduce our population the Legal Way eh ?
[/QUOTE]
Hey Capt, I do hope you’re continuing to feel well after I cycled through Dawlish earlier this afternoon. Lovely day for it, saw virtually no one to infect.........;)

SimonFa

Visit site
I assume that Boris is being asked a question. There's little speakers in the back of the seats that allow them to hear what's been asked at the back. The house is renowned for dreadful acoustics.

Then again, its Boris so why not catch a few zzzzs

NotBirdseye

Visit site
It was reported on here that people in Portsmouth harbour were being turned around back in March by the Police.

At the time QHM had closed the harbour to yotties but that was recinded back in May and hasn't (so far) been reimposed.

The police are a different org just to clarify.

Seven Spades

Visit site
I think that realistically we can check our lines but as they have removed recreation we probably cannot legally use our boats at the moment. I am not worried about it too much at this time of year but I will be very anxious in February if I can't get my winter maintenance done.

RJJ

Visit site
[QUOTE="TernVI, post:

The point is, HMG wants you to stay at home except for essentials and physical exercise like walking, cycling etc.
It really is that simple.
[/QUOTE]

Yea just a really great idea, eh ?

What a better way to spread the Virus than posturing about outdoors, certainly out of 'one's bubble, mixing with 'other' breathing heavily, spreading one's contaminated Air mix with others all in all a very unhealthy way to live, but its recommended by Govt and Advisers so go for it, lets reduce our population the Legal Way eh ?
[/QUOTE]
Do calm down. It's incredibly unlikely that you'll get infected in well-ventilated outdoor spaces as long unless infected people actually cough in your face. Crowded football stands and racecourses are out, obviously, but passing encounters at the park gate are really, really low risk. If you're that vulnerable to Covid, stay home yourself.

The far greater risk is too many people staying indoors, never getting any Vitamin D, getting fat and also going loopy.

If I was wrong, then London would never have seen off the first Wave. Battersea Park and the Thames towpath over Easter weekend were rammed.

NotBirdseye

Visit site
I think that realistically we can check our lines but as they have removed recreation we probably cannot legally use our boats at the moment. I am not worried about it too much at this time of year but I will be very anxious in February if I can't get my winter maintenance done.

Strike up a relationship with a small cafe, that you will deliver (for a token sum) goods from one place to them, of course, they actually pay for the goods. Then you can wave the invoice in their faces when they try to accuse you of doing something illegal. :).

Adios

Visit site
Strike up a relationship with a small cafe, that you will deliver (for a token sum) goods from one place to them, of course, they actually pay for the goods. Then you can wave the invoice in their faces when they try to accuse you of doing something illegal. :).
The business is in a port town and you chose, as is your right, to deliver the goods by boat? Oh I'm liking this.

Never Grumble

Visit site
Once again, it will become more interesting at the end of March when people want to move their boats around from hardstandings and existing berths to new moorings/different berth. What's the plan then folks?

Adios

Visit site
It seems from the legislation that there are only 2 changes now to what it was under tier 4. The closure of schools and the banning of outdoors organised sport and individual recreation. Now which of those things is going to slow the spread I wonder. And which one was pointless.

Tomahawk

Visit site

What is the difference between exercise and recreation?.... serious question

DJE

www.casl.uk.com
What is the difference between exercise and recreation?.... serious question
IIRC the first lockdown was like this one with only exercise allowed and the guidance said something about "once a day for a limited time". When the rules were eased in May it became exercise or outdoor recreation and the guidance said "for unlimited periods" but you had to be at home overnight. I'm surprised that fishing is allowed under the current regime but I guess they have a powerful lobby group.