Sail past

byron

RIP
Visit site
Oxford Ditch held their annual sail past yesterday at my house. Whilst I always find this event somewhat pretentious and only attend for the excellent free buffet and booze afterwards /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif I have to say the boats looked really splendid and everyone really made an effort to make their boats sparkle.
The annual prize for best boat was won by a Nimbus 33. this was surprising and refreshing as normally the chosen boat is usually a traditional one like a Bates Starcraft or somesuch.
Lovely day out anyone up this end of the river should consider joining the club. They don't have a Clubhouse, they erect a Marquee where-ever they rally to.

pheran

Visit site
I am somewhat hurt and disappointed that you didn't mention how well I personally scrubbed up and how smart I looked in my cap and blazer /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
But I agree with you - 'The Ditch' is one of the most sociable clubs on the river and is happy to welcome new members.
All in all a super week-end. Many thanks again for you hospitality.

byron

RIP
Visit site
I didn't mention the fact that you were looking smart because people wouldn't believe me and assume the who weekend was a figment of my imagination.