Sail online Leg 3 - Jan 14th 10:00

sarabande

Visit site
I must not stop for BBQs

I must not stop for BBQs

I must NOT...

660 and something, but I did just beat Indiana by a few seconds :)

Dipper

Visit site
You just pipped me last leg and I just beat you this one. Three of us finished within 4 places of each other. The others don't know what close racing is all about. :)

Spyro

Visit site
This one looks better, plenty wind for the start thank god, I don't think I could have stood heading out the way we came with no winds again. I know it's only make believe and the same for everyone but it can be so frustrating. It actually makes you feel like you are going no where

chrisgee

Visit site
This one looks better, plenty wind for the start thank god, I don't think I could have stood heading out the way we came with no winds again. I know it's only make believe and the same for everyone but it can be so frustrating. It actually makes you feel like you are going no where

yes much better

Somehow I have a tiny tiny lead in our fleet --- just you all be nice and let me keep it , even 5 minutes would be nice!!
Jolini

chrisgee

Visit site
yes much better

Somehow I have a tiny tiny lead in our fleet --- just you all be nice and let me keep it , even 5 minutes would be nice!!
Jolini

Hang about . as I was actually posting previously I had already lost my lead must have been all of a minute ---still long way to go yet -- good sailing everyone.

Whitelighter

Visit site
I thought it was tomorrow too but a friend at work corrected me yesterday.

Thank god for the CAA Calibrator :)

Places mean nothing in the open miles as the pack is so tight 1st and 500th are only separated by 0.5 miles

fireball

Visit site
Why did I think it was Sunday (tomorrow) it started? :mad::mad::mad:
Ah well only 26 miles behind

yer - well, I forgot too.... :eek: only 50 minutes late for the start ... good job the boat was ready to go ... :D

Still - it's a long race and some tight courses so plenty of opportunity to catch up - or cockup !!

Fantasie 19

Visit site
Trust me 4.5 hours is nothing... I started the last one a day late... :D

It's a bit of a drag race at the moment, but things will get interesting when we get to the turning marks - you can pick up lot of places...

Dipper

Visit site
I had a good night. I'm sailing in the leaders wake. He should dump his weather routing software and use my patented time software. Just before I go to bed, I think of any whole number of hours at random and stuff in a delayed gybe at that time. It seems to be working this time.

Spyro

Visit site
I'm #1. What do I do now? :eek:

Well usually you head of on some crazy course hoping to out flank all of us but there's not many options for that where you are. I'm sure you'll come up with something though :)
Congrats anyway, nice to see a YBW boat leading the fleet.

Dipper

Visit site
Wow. That was worrying but I'm OK now. I gybed and I'm working my way back into the fleet.

I don't like being in front. When I raced my bilge keel Hurley 22 in a pursuit race I had to set off first. I took the wrong course and everyone else followed. It scarred me for life.