Sail GP

Sandy

Visit site
I understand there is a humpback whale that has been spotted in the sound. That might spoil the racing as I'm sure it has not read the LNtM issued by the Longroom (QHM).

oldbloke

Visit site
I don't know if the same applies to Plymouth but in Salcombe you almost never get a sea breeze with an easterly, and this weekend it's an easterly .
We have tickets for one of the grandstand boats. Could be a long hot day and as I have to drive home I will have to be careful in my choice of rehydration.

Snowgoose-1

Visit site
Watched gp yesterday . Ainslie time off this one. Very watchable .starts action brilliant. Will not spoil 4 others if not seen yet. Must great watching live on the grass natural amphitheatre.

Ingwe

Visit site
Went out and watched both days especially on Saturday there were more boats out on Plymouth Sound than I have ever seen before so they are doing something right with their public engagement and it is definitely a great spectacle.

As far as the racing goes I actually think they need to change the format so that the teams get more time on the boats to practice as they were all making loads of mistakes which possibly makes for better TV but they all just need to get better at sailing these boats so that they can actually start to think about tactics etc.

Fantasie 19

Visit site
Went out and watched both days especially on Saturday there were more boats out on Plymouth Sound than I have ever seen before so they are doing something right with their public engagement and it is definitely a great spectacle.

As far as the racing goes I actually think they need to change the format so that the teams get more time on the boats to practice as they were all making loads of mistakes which possibly makes for better TV but they all just need to get better at sailing these boats so that they can actually start to think about tactics etc.

They're on the boats all the time between race weekends though?? I think the thing that drove a lot of issues for the boats in Plymouth was how close the boundaries were to the turning marks..

What they can't practice is close quarters high speed maneuvering, and start line jockeying, both of which was certainly featured in Plymouth!

Brilliant racing though.. best of the series so far??

Ingwe

Visit site
They're on the boats all the time between race weekends though??

Unfortunately I don't think that they get to sail the boats at all between events because they are packed up and shipped to wherever the next event is going to be hence my thought that they could do with a little more time to practice especially when a lot of the teams are switching the crew around between events, an extra day on the water before before racing at each event would make a big difference. The Danes obviously wanted more time to practice in Plymouth as they were still out training at 5:45pm on Friday night, which was after the restrictions had lifted so they got pretty close to us a couple of times as we were out getting ready to race in our club Friday night series.