Sadler 29 in France

snorkmaiden

Visit site
hi There
We had a Sadler 29, Snork Maiden. Sadly, we left her in a boatyard for a couple of winters - Covid, family etc. - the usual story. It may be interesting to Jester Challengers thqt she is currently in France (Charron, North of La Rochelle) and the insurers may take a very low offer to avoid the hassle of 'recycling' her. The hull, rig, sails etc all appear to be in good condition. The engine is not - could require a rebuild or sail her without! She was flooded with fresh water whilst on hard standing - a mere matter of blocked cockpit drains began a catastrophic flood in the interior, For th right person, she could be a bargain boat. This is not a sale advert, as we no longer own the boat, having accepted an insurance settlement. We are now living in Greece and that makes it out of the question for us to carry on with a boat based in France. Anyway - PM me for details if this might be of interest to you. There is a Sea Feather self steering possibly available separately.

eebygum

Visit site
hi There
We had a Sadler 29, Snork Maiden. Sadly, we left her in a boatyard for a couple of winters - Covid, family etc. - the usual story. It may be interesting to Jester Challengers thqt she is currently in France (Charron, North of La Rochelle) and the insurers may take a very low offer to avoid the hassle of 'recycling' her. The hull, rig, sails etc all appear to be in good condition. The engine is not - could require a rebuild or sail her without! She was flooded with fresh water whilst on hard standing - a mere matter of blocked cockpit drains began a catastrophic flood in the interior, For th right person, she could be a bargain boat. This is not a sale advert, as we no longer own the boat, having accepted an insurance settlement. We are now living in Greece and that makes it out of the question for us to carry on with a boat based in France. Anyway - PM me for details if this might be of interest to you. There is a Sea Feather self steering possibly available separately.
Sent you PM regarding the Sea Feather.

snorkmaiden

Visit site
I'd be interested to learn on what grounds you were able to get the insurers to pay up.

In case it ever happened to me.
Just inundation! it might have helped that we could not make usual regular visits to the boat because of lockdon, travel restrictions, and our own unwillingness to take risks re Covid. Actually it was poretty straightforard. Important that we were comprehensively insured.

Other threads that may be of interest