Ryan and Sophie Ssiling.

Arcady

Visit site
I like their videos. I find them enjoyable to watch: humorous, very well edited and entirely unpretentious. Sophie is a natural in front of the camera and Ryan is clearly extremely capable and practical. They seem to make a good team and are full of sensible advice for people considering a liveaboard lifestyle for the first time. I’d almost consider becoming a Patreon member, but I’m not sure what I’d get over and above the basic YouTube subscription!

Daydream believer

Visit site
I like the fact that 30% of the video is not devoted to a pet dog. Some could be very good apart from the fact that they seem to spend so much time swooning over , what is after all, a useless addition to a boat. I have stopped looking at a couple for that reason.
But to each his/her own & it is their choice, not mine.

roblpm

Visit site
Ryan's latest post is worth a read. Standing by a raft of migrants.

Well done that man.

Wow incredible stuff. Is it people heading for the Canaries from Africa? I didn't understand there was a lot of people on that route.

Sounds like he did an amazing job. Solo. No sleep. Also as he says the dilemma of the risk of having 40 desperate people try to board your boat must be scary in the dark and on your own.

capnsensible

www.herculessailing.com
Must have been difficult solo. Mentally too.

Big numbers attempt the Canaries from Africa. Lots don't make it. We've had ten arriving in the last few days, several hundred refugees.

Seen them picked on the dock in fishing harbour over in Gran Canaria and arriving in the harbour in El Hierro. A very sad but relieved bunch of humans.

capnsensible

www.herculessailing.com
This may be them. Or simply more.

During the early hours of this Wednesday, January 26, five boats with a total of 199 people have been intercepted near the coast of Lanzarote.

As reported by Cecoes, a total of 127 people of North African origin traveled in the first three, with 96 men, 25 women and 6 minors, and they have been rescued by the ship Calliope. In addition, three people have been transferred to the Molina Orosa Hospital, one of them a baby.
Subsequently, the sea guard has intercepted another boat with 35 migrants, 33 men and two women, also of North African origin.

Finally, Salvamento Marítimo has located the fifth boat of the day, in which a total of 37 migrants were travelling. Among them were 25 men, one woman and 11 minors.
All have been transferred to the Commercial Dock, where they have been treated by the Red Cross.

steve yates

Visit site
Sam Holmes Sailing pretty good. As for full time livaboards. They only survive by making cheesy films some people like. They would be better getting a job.
Steveeasy
I watched sam holmes vid of his arrival in ireland from the azores and was highly underwhelmed. So much screen time devoted to rubbish, like him at cork airport tyo clear in, going for a walk with jerky footage of lanes and industrial buildings, cooking on board, going on about how his cell phone data provision was so bad with his new provider to his old. I switched it off, the lad has just sailed ffrom the azores and is in southwest ireland, its stunning and full of life, so where is it? I dont care about the minutae of his cell phone or to look at cork airport terminal building, its boring. A good you tube channel needs good cinematography, a good stroyline and good narration, as well as likeable personalities. He may be a nice lad but he blew the first three. IMO of course :)

Kelpie

Visit site
Yes I tried that but didn't see anything about the events you're describing in this thread, would be interested in keeping up. Maybe it's patrons only?

Btw I really enjoy Ryan and Sophie's channel, they're funny and seem pretty open and honest. And one of the few channels left who aren't bogged down in refit/build/babies/dogs.

capnsensible

www.herculessailing.com
Yes I tried that but didn't see anything about the events you're describing in this thread, would be interested in keeping up. Maybe it's patrons only?

Btw I really enjoy Ryan and Sophie's channel, they're funny and seem pretty open and honest. And one of the few channels left who aren't bogged down in refit/build/babies/dogs.
Click on the white dots.

steveeasy

Visit site
I watched sam holmes vid of his arrival in ireland from the azores and was highly underwhelmed. So much screen time devoted to rubbish, like him at cork airport tyo clear in, going for a walk with jerky footage of lanes and industrial buildings, cooking on board, going on about how his cell phone data provision was so bad with his new provider to his old. I switched it off, the lad has just sailed ffrom the azores and is in southwest ireland, its stunning and full of life, so where is it? I dont care about the minutae of his cell phone or to look at cork airport terminal building, its boring. A good you tube channel needs good cinematography, a good stroyline and good narration, as well as likeable personalities. He may be a nice lad but he blew the first three. IMO of course :)
What!!. Never watched that one. try a few more, he does sail which is a bonus. they may grow on you, perhaps not. In my opinion the best channels are the ones that are honest, not pretentious, Number one in my opinion has to be Mr Williams who does little more than share his wealth of knowledge and wisdom. Erik is great, and Sam, well, he just gives an honest account of what he is doing. its no movie and thankfully no music. Im sorry to say watching the crossed leg dog one makes me personally cringe. toffy nose accents and all, No Thanks.

Steveeasy

dankilb

Visit site
What!!. Never watched that one. try a few more, he does sail which is a bonus. they may grow on you, perhaps not. In my opinion the best channels are the ones that are honest, not pretentious, Number one in my opinion has to be Mr Williams who does little more than share his wealth of knowledge and wisdom. Erik is great, and Sam, well, he just gives an honest account of what he is doing. its no movie and thankfully no music. Im sorry to say watching the crossed leg dog one makes me personally cringe. toffy nose accents and all, No Thanks.

Steveeasy
Can we all agree it was a bit weird when that girl joined the crew unannounced?! The First Mate banned us from watching it after that (not that it looked like anything untoward - just… weird!)