Runners and Riders - the official list

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueSkyNick

Visit site
MASTER LIST UPDATED FRIDAY 9TH SEPTEMBER 1500
For planning purposes, I have made an estimate of the total crew on each boat, based on facts if known.

At the time of writing, we are oversubscribed. This is not a concern, because we expect to have some drop outs during the coming weeks.

I am now starting a waiting list, for any new names who are not already on the master list. They will be promoted, as and when possible.

By 9th September, we need to know the details from each skipper to complete the list. You can do this by PM or adding to this thread. If I do not hear from you, I will delete you from the list

This will enable TwisterKen to firm up the booking with the Cherbourg Yacht Club, and to forewarn the Capitanerie at the marina. We are assuming a maximum of 30Euros per person, including some wine etc.

After the 9th there will inevitably be changes, due to individual circumstances. Also, being sensible skippers, we fully understand that everything is subject to the weather forecast and there may be late cancellations. We will deal with this at the time.

At least give us a chance of managing the numbers effectively, and allowing other names on the waiting list to be confirmed, by keeping me up to date with your plans. The whole thing works on trust and common sense - easy really!

Finally, please do not add anything to this thread which is not relevent to the Master List.

Many thanks for your undoubted co-operation.

(For those wondering what this is all about, read THIS THREAD )

Cutter

Visit site
Nick
Well done - we shall be 4 as per your estimate. Leave Gosport Thurs night for St Vaast and round to Chbg on Sat afternoon.
Are you going straight to Chbg?
cheers
Richard

Fergus

Visit site
Hi Nick - eta 1800 local time Saturday. BTW have others done it in 2 days? I reckon should be OK if we don't overdo it in the evening!?

BlueSkyNick

Visit site
thort I replied to this yesterday but it seems to have disappeared - another blond moment!

Fergus, most people arrive by Saturday lunchtime, to allow time for resting, wine shopping, milling around pontoons meeting other forumites, admiring their boats, etc - with the occasional beverage being consumed.

You obviously have to make your own call as skipper, but personally I wouldn't want to arrive an hour before the evening function, allowing time to [--word removed--], shower, shave, and also have to set off first thing the next day to get home. But don't let me influence you ! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

G

Superanne - confirmed

Hi Nick ....

Tried your master list and cannot access it .... page denied.

Details - Myself + 2 others ... expected to be Conchpearl and another who is to named asap. (Basically have 4 names in hat and will have answer shortly)

Boat is 25ft Bilge keel motor-sailer - SUPERANNE .... depart Chichester Hbr Friday afternoon - arrive Cherbourg midday sat. Depart Cherbourg as early as poss Sunday to arrive Chich. early am monday.

/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

G

Still can\'t access list ...

Can get to your home page .... but that's where it all stops....

The url just comes up page mising or not available even denied at one time.

G

3 peeps .....

Boat : Superanne
Skipper : Nigel C. Luther
Crew x 2 : Conchpearl + Thomas1

See y'all there !!

BlueSkyNick

Visit site
Many Humble Apologies

.... to everybody who tried to access the list over the weekend, and found the link not working.

I set up the page and posted the link from the office. Then when I tried to update it from home on Saturday, my Macromedia Contribute (ie the webpage software on my laptop) would have none of it. Tried to work around it by going straight into the server, (as advised not to do by my web management company!), and screwed it up completely!

Now back in the office, able to connect OK and Robert is your father's brother. For some reason totally unknown to me, I can only update the site from the office where it was set up in the first place /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I think I have captured everybody so far, please let me know if not.

I will update the list again on Friday, as and when more people provide me with updates.

G

Got it now ...

Whats this "Waiting List" ????

I see I'm the smallest boat and likely the oldest as well !!

BlueSkyNick

Visit site
Re: Got it now ...

[ QUOTE ]
Whats this "Waiting List" ????

[/ QUOTE ]

We are managing the Cherbourg Yacht Club reservation to a set number, assuming some people don't actually make it to Cherbourg. As my current estimate is over 120, I don't want to add additional people until somebody else confirms they are dropping out or does not respond to my current request for confirmation.

I am confident we will get everybody in to the Yacht Club OK, we just don't want to over commit to anybody, until we know for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.