route planning.....

duncan

Visit site
OK as Brendan has done such a wonderfull job getting the Saturday night planned and sorted in 24hrs, and tcm is organising the entertainment at Newton Creek Saturday 'lunchtime' can we please have the food orders for Friday night in Yarmouth a little earlier than last year?

<hr width=100% size=1>

BarryH

Visit site
The usual for me ie hunk of dead cow with a few pomme frits. But, and I don't blame you if you tell her to go away, Lisa wants to see a menu......yep. thats exactly what I said you would say!

<hr width=100% size=1>
captain.gif

duncan

Visit site
Absolutely no problem for those arriving before last orders for food - I just want to avoid standing at the bar (well not that bit) negotiating on behalf of the crews of boats 'on their way' from Poole or Haslar! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Do I assume that you are planning to launch 'locally'?

<hr width=100% size=1>

Bejasus

Visit site
Err, as I recall, you left Forbsie standing at ( or propping up - delete as required) the bar, whilst you, on the other hand, were staggering around, glass in hand at the top of the taxi mooring.

I presume we are planning the same as last time.
Friday night - Yarmouth. Saturday lunch - Newtown Creek. Sunday lunch - Folly.???

<hr width=100% size=1>

duncan

Visit site
hehe - Forbsie Barry and I didn't make the folly last year.......however this year will be different!
All going to depend on weather and whether (pep's can get away early enough to make Yarmouth for 'tea'). Seem to remember we were waiting on a boat being launched last year - may not be too different this!
I suspect I will be on my own Friday night and looking to arrange a lift for Jo and the kids out to Newton Creek from somewhere near Mercury Saturday if the weather's good.
Oh god it's getting complicated already.....

<hr width=100% size=1>

Bejasus

Visit site
Nah, not complicated at all. All coming together nicely, except I haven't seen any response from Forbsie.
I'm not sure if the same boat that held us up last time will be taking part this time though, as the poster is no longer hereabouts.
I am sure therefore that Friday evening shouldn't be a problem. I can make it to the Hamble by around 5pm I think. Dunno what Col's thoughts are yet though.

<hr width=100% size=1>

BarryH

Visit site
"Wheres Barry launching"..... Redcliffe probably as the boat will probably be there. We, as in Lisa and I, are packing the kids of to school on the friday and then heading straight for the boat. So I should be in the Poole area around mid morning. Thats the plan so far as I see it, BUT a woman is involved so could complicate matters.

<hr width=100% size=1>
captain.gif

Bejasus

Visit site
Got a hold of Forbsie earlier by text. When I told him that I had put his name on the list, he said, 'Ah, I wondered how I got on there' & that was it./forums/images/icons/crazy.gif
Said he was on his boat................Work can do strange things to a person./forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

<hr width=100% size=1>

Forbsie

Visit site
Alright, I was keeping my head down. Every time I meet you guys, you force me to drink too much and introduce me to new drinks that I really like. Last year I was numb with a hangover (not as bad as Col though) for the entire event day. I don't know whether to blame the Duncan's Tequillas, the free Calvados at the first bar, Theresa's Mulled Wine or another drink that I'm sure I've forgotten but may have been on Blue Angel. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

So what's the deal then? /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

<hr width=100% size=1>

Col

Visit site
Jo + Co can cadge a lift over with us if you like.
So can Forbsie although we can't put him up (unless he snuggles up between mr & mrs H00) /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.arweb.co.uk/argallery/colspics> Cols Picture Album</A>

duncan

Visit site
thanks Col - however........
I thought you would be poping over to Yarmouth Friday night rather than heading out to Newtown Creek on Saturday?

If so then I can, on current plans, put Forbsie up at Yarmouth Friday night; but he will have to find an alternative at Mercury Saturday night (assuming Jo and Co show)!

<hr width=100% size=1>

Col

Visit site
Ye Gads! I thought thats when you meant. Maybe we could take one of our boats and pick them up Sat morn?
If you can put Forbsie up, I can give him a lift over Fri night.

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.arweb.co.uk/argallery/colspics> Cols Picture Album</A>

duncan

Visit site
we could - but if someone was actually coming that way, at that time, we could (1) get a lie in (2) watch the toast brown or (3) wander round Yarmouth looking for an orange juice that didn't look too threatening............/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

I am sure I can accomadate Forbsie somehow!

<hr width=100% size=1>

Col

Visit site
Well spotted.