Romney Lock issues

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
My update on Romney lock posted on Twitter this morning:
“Thames boaters caution -
Romney Lock operating on hand wind only. Until powered operation restored interim EA assisted hand wind passage is only available at 10am, 12pm and 3pm.
Self service hand winding at this lock exceptionally difficult and boaters should proceed with care.”
You can follow me on Twitter - @thamesmobo

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
I might be wrong but does Romney go wrong more often than any other lock?
It is also one of the newest!
All of them go wrong more often than we’d like but its how long they take to fix thats of great concern. Sunbury has now been out of action for over two weeks and Romney appears to be another case of no spares immediately available.

Parabordi

Visit site
All of them go wrong more often than we’d like but its how long they take to fix thats of great concern. Sunbury has now been out of action for over two weeks and Romney appears to be another case of no spares immediately available.
Do you think its a case, that because its out of season they have taken their foot off the gas? (not that they were 'dynamic' in the summer!)

Mark26

Visit site
I managed to break Romney during the summer, just after keeper had gone off duty. But luckily for me he was walking his dog and came back to rescue me.

oldgit

Visit site
Moored at Sonning, remember hand winding 2 locks in a crack of dawn escape from B1 :) and the Thames . Was never so pleased to see anyone in my life as when a lockie appeared at 8am on the third with his set of keys.

Actionmat

Visit site
Moored at Sonning, remember hand winding 2 locks in a crack of dawn escape from B1 :) and the Thames . Was never so pleased to see anyone in my life as when a lockie appeared at 8am on the third with his set of keys.
I did Marlow on hand wind only, new years day a few years ago. It warmed me up!