Roaming charges are back

shan

Visit site
does that mean if one does not upgrade then they can continue as is , without roaming charge
No. I got sent a notification from EE which was basically along the lines of: either go onto this contract which is £3 a month cheaper than not having a contract and we will charge you for roaming or don't go onto it and will charge you more and charge for roaming. I gave them their 30 days notice and now have a Portuguese number and contract through Meo.

cherod

Visit site
No. I got sent a notification from EE which was basically along the lines of: either go onto this contract which is £3 a month cheaper than not having a contract and we will charge you for roaming or don't go onto it and will charge you more and charge for roaming. I gave them their 30 days notice and now have a Portuguese number and contract through Meo.
I am with EE ( uk based ) and have not renewed my old contract , ( must be 3 + yrs now ) and although i mever check my bill i think it is still the same as it has always been , no increase for use .

shan

Visit site
I am with EE ( uk based ) and have not renewed my old contract , ( must be 3 + yrs now ) and although i mever check my bill i think it is still the same as it has always been , no increase for use .
I was with them and also out of contract (on a rolling month to month arrangement) and the increase information was sent through to me about a month and a half ago.

Sailfree

Visit site
Nos said I could not change my Portuguese PAYG SIM to a contract with my Internet etc.

Vodafone. pt has achieved that. Did not want to loose my easy remembered Portuguese number.

UK mobile with 3. We blast mobile usage on UK visits and use Whats App as much as possible when in EU.

No problems so far.

I hope 3 pick up loads of business from the others introducing roaming charges.

As a precaution I buy mobile phone outright and take UK SIM only contract (cheapest way anyway) so I can cancel any UK mobile provider at minimum cost.

Currently got 2 good phones left but when one need replacing will buy a dual sim phone- any recommendations?

Just had a Samsung 5 screen go progressively black over 2 days. Always back up numbers (or store them on SIM) and useful info in notes etc. Currently lost all of mine on this phone as unable to unlock phone with black screen!

Last edited:

shan

Visit site
I'm still on my iPhone 5s - which annoys Mr Shan intensely. In December, I will have had it for 6 years - the only problem with the phone is that Apple are supporting less and less via their updates, s now there are a few Apps, which are no longer supported and my ability to hotspot has disappeared. The thing that pisses me off is that there's nothing inherently wrong with the phone. I don't want a new phone.

Davy_S

Visit site
I'm still on my iPhone 5s - which annoys Mr Shan intensely. In December, I will have had it for 6 years - the only problem with the phone is that Apple are supporting less and less via their updates, s now there are a few Apps, which are no longer supported and my ability to hotspot has disappeared. The thing that pisses me off is that there's nothing inherently wrong with the phone. I don't want a new phone.
It is just the same with Android though, i have an old Huawei 2014, it lives in a drawer as a back up, no updates, certain apps will not load, bil has a Samsung Galaxy, same year, same problems, both phones work perfectly, they are simply designed to be thrown away and get your cash out for a later model, a definite rip off!

shan

Visit site
It is just the same with Android though, i have an old Huawei 2014, it lives in a drawer as a back up, no updates, certain apps will not load, bil has a Samsung Galaxy, same year, same problems, both phones work perfectly, they are simply designed to be thrown away and get your cash out for a later model, a definite rip off!
The ridiculous thing is that my phone could do at least another 4 years if apple supported it! Such a waste... although, I will be using that damn phone until there is literally nothing on it that works. I shall not give in.

IanR

seascape2016.blogspot.com
Have had my renewal notice from 3 and I am considering not renewing. The only reason to stay is to retain a UK phone number. Is there any solution for me that allows me to have a deminimus contract and to forward to my local French phone? I am challenged with carrying two phones!! Chez moi I utilise a 4G box so WhatsApp and FaceTime are fine when I am at home.

shan

Visit site
Have had my renewal notice from 3 and I am considering not renewing. The only reason to stay is to retain a UK phone number. Is there any solution for me that allows me to have a deminimus contract and to forward to my local French phone? I am challenged with carrying two phones!! Chez moi I utilise a 4G box so WhatsApp and FaceTime are fine when I am at home.
Use it as an opportunity to clear out your contacts. I went onto a Portuguese number and halved my contacts.

Clancy Moped

Visit site
My dad had a 3 account and kept the number when he moved to 1p mobile, have a look at dual sim mobile phone to solve the 2 phone malarkey.

Quiddle

Visit site
Currently got 2 good phones left but when one need replacing will buy a dual sim phone- any recommendations?

I have a Galaxy A5 2017 dual sim which has served well but, in mobile phone terms is entering its dotage. I've looked at a faster replacement, in fact ordering a Galaxy S21 only to find that dual sim in, AFAIK, all current Android phones has now changed to 'hybrid sim' meaning the 2nd sim occupies the SD card slot so 2 sims plus SD is not possible, which is no use, for me at least. The A5 has been redeemed for now.

jordanbasset

Visit site
Nor would I, nor did I, when I said Vodafone and EE would not be the last, I was thinking about Three among others who will follow suit and and also stop roaming in the coming 12 months

Three are jumping on the band waggon

Three brings in EU roaming charges and ends global scheme

Three is the latest mobile network to announce it is reintroducing roaming charges between the UK and Europe.
From 23 May 2022, customers who have taken out a new or upgraded contract after 1 October will have to pay £2 a day to use their monthly allowance of minutes, texts and calls in the EU.
I could call my self Nostradamus, but the writing was always on the wall

nortada

Visit site
Three are jumping on the band waggon

Three brings in EU roaming charges and ends global scheme

Three is the latest mobile network to announce it is reintroducing roaming charges between the UK and Europe.
From 23 May 2022, customers who have taken out a new or upgraded contract after 1 October will have to pay £2 a day to use their monthly allowance of minutes, texts and calls in the EU.

So those that stay on their existing contracts will be OK❓