Roaming charges are back

Rappey

Visit site
I read something yesterday that suggested it's nothing to do with anything other than the greed of BT ,because they can, and others just jumping on the bandwagon.

Baggywrinkle

Ammersee, Bavaria / Adriatic & Free to roam Europe
Visit site

Kelpie

Visit site
I read something yesterday that suggested it's nothing to do with anything other than the greed of BT ,because they can, and others just jumping on the bandwagon.
It's a bit of a shame that large companies are free to charge whatever they like. Wouldn't it be nice if we lived in a world where governments cooperated to pass laws to prevent that sort of thing.

Bouba

Visit site
It's a bit of a shame that large companies are free to charge whatever they like. Wouldn't it be nice if we lived in a world where governments cooperated to pass laws to prevent that sort of thing.
Wouldn’t it be great if your Government didn’t have to waste time getting other governments to cooperate (herding cats) and they could just do it on their own

Baggywrinkle

Ammersee, Bavaria / Adriatic & Free to roam Europe
Visit site
Wouldn’t it be great if your Government didn’t have to waste time getting other governments to cooperate (herding cats) and they could just do it on their own

Isn't that what is now happening? The UK is on a World Tour, cap-in-hand, sacrificing UK farmers, fishermen, and other UK businesses, desperately trying to get foreign governments to cooperate on trade? ... They have even sacrificed the health of the nation by cozying up to Modi until it got too dangerous and they had to capitulate and put India on the red list.

There are some things members of the government are doing on their own .... the Rt. Hon. Sajid Javid MP has got himself a nice little number ... (follow link, bottom of the page)

Leadership - C3 AI

How much does he get from this?

From 22 October 2020 until further notice, Adviser to C3.ai (enterprise AI software provider), 1300 Seaport Boulevard, Redwood City, California, CA 94063. For providing advice on the global economy, geo-politics and market opportunities, I expect to receive £151,835 per annum, paid monthly, plus an option for 666.7 common shares per month (with a current approximate market value of £45,000). Hours: 80-96 hrs annually (10-12 days a year). I consulted ACoBA about this appointment. (Registered 10 November 2020; updated 07 December 2020 and 21 December 2020)

Sajid Javid MP, Bromsgrove

Wonder what market opportunities he might be advising the company on?

Possibly this?

Clinical Workforce Optimization
Improve patient experience while reducing operational costs with AI-enabled nurse and staff scheduling.

or this ...

Patient Engagement
Enhance medication adherence and lifestyle changes with customized treatment and messaging.

or even this ...

Early Chronic Disease Detection
Identify highest-risk patients for life-threatening diseases.

Healthcare Industry - C3 AI

Quite a fortunate appointment after Matt the Tw@t got caught with his trousers down don't you think. I do wonder how much these MPs are actually focussed on the job we pay them for, rather than their side-projects?

RupertW

Visit site
Well that herd of cats succeeded where our government simply can’t on it’s own. Of course it could make it illegal for EU customers coming to the UK to pay roaming charges, but there’s this useful thing called reciprocity that we chose to abandon.

Bouba

Visit site
Isn't that what is now happening? The UK is on a World Tour, cap-in-hand, sacrificing UK farmers, fishermen, and other UK businesses, desperately trying to get foreign governments to cooperate on trade? ... They have even sacrificed the health of the nation by cozying up to Modi until it got too dangerous and they had to capitulate and put India on the red list.

There are some things members of the government are doing on their own .... the Rt. Hon. Sajid Javid MP has got himself a nice little number ... (follow link, bottom of the page)

Leadership - C3 AI

How much does he get from this?

Sajid Javid MP, Bromsgrove

Wonder what market opportunities he might be advising the company on?

Possibly this?

or this ...

or even this ...

Healthcare Industry - C3 AI

Quite a fortunate appointment after Matt the Tw@t got caught with his trousers down don't you think. I do wonder how much these MPs are actually focussed on the job we pay them for, rather than their side-projects?
An AI enabled nurse sounds quite thought provoking

doug748

Visit site
EE to reintroduce Europe roaming charges in January

Mobile operator EE will charge new UK customers extra to use their mobile phones in Europe from January.
Those joining or upgrading from 7 July 2021 will be charged £2 a day to use their allowances in 47 European destinations from January 2022.
EE, which is part of BT Group, previously said it had no plans to reintroduce roaming charges in Europe.

Someone must be shooting for the 2021 Gerald
Ratner prize for business.

Wonder if this is behind ASDA binning EE and going to Vodaphone?

HissyFit

Visit site
Common folks, it’s not like no roaming charges are a birthright. The mobile phone companies went kicking and screaming in giving up those charges and it wasn’t that long ago. So all that’s happening is that the situation is exactly the same as the first forty years of the Eu
Err... Neither the EU nor mobile phones are 40 years old.

nortada

Visit site
My contract is currently with EE, and I will be moving it to whichever company keeps free roaming going. That'll be the entire company contract, not just 1 phone. So long EE/BT.

BT are too big to fail and too big to care

In this fast moving field, nobody is too big to fail, rather they will get shut out from the bigger markets, Vodaphone and Connect 3 understand this.

Remind me how many roaming contracts does 3 have❓71, including some of the biggest markets in the world.

EU 27 is just a backwater.

webcraft

www.bluemoment.com
My contract is currently with EE, and I will be moving it to whichever company keeps free roaming going. That'll be the entire company contract, not just 1 phone. So long EE/BT.

I think you will find they will all go the same way. Smarty are the only ones offering indefinite free roaming at the moment.

- W

Bouba

Visit site
Excellent, so not only will you have to pay roaming charges but also be reminded that a bit of the Nissan and Toyota you see driving past you was paid for with your money. Be proud!
But, before if a car drove past you made in (say) east Europe you still would have paid for that (via tax to the Eu) even if that factory was snatched away from the U.K.