River restaurant reviews

Old Crusty

Visit site
Been twice recently to Bray Marina brasserie/restaurant. Good service, excellent rib eye steaks at what must be described as 'local' prices and outdoors beside the river under a sky heater. Senior management paid last time so even better.

Actionmat

Visit site
Chakra -. New curry house in Kingston. Had a very enjoyable meal there last night. It's on the river next to Kingston Bridge, with the added bonus of free public moorings just 20 metres away.

Gibeltarik

Visit site
Maybush Newbridge - a proper riverside pub with a huge garden and farm moorings upstream (£5 per night). Pub menu outside - bigger menu with specials inside. Book online for inside. Good Covid precautions.

Great service, good cooking, reasonable priced wines - try the Malbec or the Rioja.

Time Out

Visit site
Ye Olde White Swan, Thames Ditton.

if you want a quick drink, decent mooring and watch the backwater world go by, this is the pub for you.

if don’t want a plate of deep fried everything, served badly and tasting even worse then I suggest you cruise on by.

such a shame an old pub with a cracking location can be allowed to get away with it.

Greene King should address this before opening proper and make it a decent boozer with food to match.

Old Crusty

Visit site
Ye Olde White Swan, Thames Ditton.

if you want a quick drink, decent mooring and watch the backwater world go by, this is the pub for you.

if don’t want a plate of deep fried everything, served badly and tasting even worse then I suggest you cruise on by.

such a shame an old pub with a cracking location can be allowed to get away with it.

Greene King should address this before opening proper and make it a decent boozer with food to match.

Deep fried whatever at 180C is the safest menu option in a scabby pub, you are less likely to swallow something that will send you to the heads for urgent paperwork. That said, pubs near water should still up their game.

Time Out

Visit site
Deep fried whatever at 180C is the safest menu option in a scabby pub, you are less likely to swallow something that will send you to the heads for urgent paperwork. That said, pubs near water should still up their game.
Agreed. It’s just such a wasted opportunity !

plus I don’t like spending my very hard earned money in places that don’t give two hoots.

prof pat pending

Visit site
We had a great meal at the Beetle and Wedge tonight, reasonably priced for excellent food.

We booked an overnight mooring, and whilst I was a little perturbed to find the mooring was a 20’ plastic pontoon on the other side of the river, they pickedus up in an electric launch and took us back to our boat when we were done.

Portland Billy

Visit site
Kings Arms at Cookham.
Monday 9th Aug.
Seared scallops washed down with good pint of Pride, then fillet steak with large merlot, with five berry crumble with custard for afters.
Finished with large malt.
A very pleasant evening.
Excellent food served by cheerful staff.

Recommended !!

Scapegoat

Visit site
Close to Hampton Court moorings - La Fiamma, Italian on the road towards Kingston and Mezzet, Lebanese on the Moseley side. Both excellent- Mezzet had the edge ?