River restaurant reviews

Actionmat

Visit site
Cookham - Bel & Dragon. Asked a couple of locals where they'd recommend and it was an excellent tip. Had a fantastic meal there last night. If staying on the moorings at Cookham lock, you get a key to the gates over the weir and it's only a ten minute walk. (Torch required for the bloated stagger home)

Ramage

Visit site
Sunday Dinner in Shillingford Bridge Hotel.
Even though there was a large group in the restaurant the staff were attentive.

Soup (Mushroom) very good. Battered Squid excellent. Roast Pork with all the trimmings £12.50 very good indeed (Crackling excellent!).

Eton Mess very nice, Apple Crumble & Custard very good (Massive portion!!). Superb cheeseboard and nice glass of Port.

Three of us dined, bill including drinks was about £75.

Hotel is now under new management and seems much improved since last year.

Chill

Visit site
Sunday Dinner in Shillingford Bridge Hotel.
Even though there was a large group in the restaurant the staff were attentive.

Soup (Mushroom) very good. Battered Squid excellent. Roast Pork with all the trimmings £12.50 very good indeed (Crackling excellent!).

Eton Mess very nice, Apple Crumble & Custard very good (Massive portion!!). Superb cheeseboard and nice glass of Port.

Three of us dined, bill including drinks was about £75.

Hotel is now under new management and seems much improved since last year.

Do they charge for moorings if you have a meal?

GAJ52

Visit site
Actually found a mooring space outside The Bounty at Bourne End a couple of days ago so decided to stay there overnight.

The food was good and very quick to arrive, but the barman was so miserable, don't think I saw him smile to a customer all evening. My small dog made the mistake of wandering behind the bar, I thing people half a mile away could have heard him shouting at the dog. We tried to moor there again on our return trip, not for the friendly atmosphere I hasten to add, but there was no space this time although lots of unoccupied 'private moorings' next to the Bounty. One boat was moored with his stern about one or two foot over the small service boat and we could hear the same barman asking him to move it.

Chill

Visit site
Shillingford Bridge Hotel

Bar staff were clueless, not able to pour a pint of lager, bar area was very shabby with the fake leather peeling off the chairs.

Had a meal in the restaurant which was very dissapointing, chairs were uncomfortable and worn out, flowers on the tables looked like they had been there a week with cloudy water. will not be going back there.

Chill

Visit site
The Fleur de Lys Dorchester,

Very warm welcome had lunch which was excellent, chips were the best we have ever had and even took home the few we couldnt manage to eat.

Chill

Visit site
Swan at Streatley

Very busy place compared to when we visited last year, good to see the same staff still there, managed to get a table in the restaurant and the food was first class. Well worth a visit.

Actionmat

Visit site
Ye Olde Swan - Thames Ditton. Good Sunday carvery, good beer, very reasonably priced and good service.
2 adult roasts and a kids meal for £25.
The fish and chips looked massive. Little chance of mooring outside unless you're at Hampton Court and take the tender(as we did), but that made it more fun.

DogsBody

Visit site
Nell Gwynns chinese restaurant in Windsor.
Unassuming little place hidden away in a side street by the Castle, been there several times always tasty food and friendly service though usually pretty much empty when we've been there.

Actionmat

Visit site
The Anglers - Teddington. Under new management and a huge improvement. Saturday night and Sunday lunchtime were as busy as ever, but the service was quick and efficient(a miracle for those who know the Anglers)and food arrived in 20 to 30 mins and was very good.
I hope they keep it up, as it's the best this pub's been.

The Tide End Cottage next door is excellent, but for families like us the Anglers has the edge. For those looking for a quieter pub, next door is still the best bet.

JorgeinLondon

Visit site
The Anglers - Teddington. Under new management and a huge improvement. Saturday night and Sunday lunchtime were as busy as ever, but the service was quick and efficient(a miracle for those who know the Anglers)and food arrived in 20 to 30 mins and was very good.
I hope they keep it up, as it's the best this pub's been.

The Tide End Cottage next door is excellent, but for families like us the Anglers has the edge. For those looking for a quieter pub, next door is still the best bet.

We discovered the Anglers over the winter. It's food is very good - Had the fish platter last time we were there and it was all excellent. They are also very friendly and I like the way the pub is organized for children and dogs (including a load of dog water bowls).

Chill

Visit site
Sorrento in Teddington, had an excellent meal they have an evening three course menu £15.95 including a glass of wine. Mushrooms to start, the best lamb cutlets i have had in ages then pick from the sweet trolley.
La Figa Limehouse, just one word Fantastic! went back the following night Nuf Said :)

Time Out

Visit site
Sorrento ? It never ceases to amaze me out of ALL the places to eat in Teddington. People keep going back there ! The oldest and most outdated there is ! I guess if the food is good ... Not been there since my 8th birthday mind ..