Risk

zoidberg

Visit site
...and Insurable Interest

Now those are, strictly speaking, technical terms.... and they really ought to be understood as such before peeps sound off.

My thinking is about the small boat skipper's assessment of 'personal' risk versus the insurance professional's assessment of 'financial risk'. They ain't the same. Way back when, I had more than a grounding in insurance law and practice, so I have a handle on what an underwriter and an actuary does in setting a 'premium' for a potentialy insurable risk, on which a binding contract of insurance might be formed.

That's a commercial arrangement. We have no RIGHT to insist on another to make such an arrangement.

I'm more than happy to help reduce the perceived risk by all means at my disposal. That may include certain restrictions, not on where I might choose to go but on how I might go there. Should I do otherwise, I'm content myself to insure my risks.

I'm truly not that uncomfortable about 'cover' being unobtainable for s/handing for days/weeks on end. Yes, I know that having an 'eedjit' along doesn't necessarily make things safer fr me, but it is more likely to protect the boat, the 'insured risk'...... and others who might be damaged by my 'snoozy inattention'.

Will this come back to haunt me?