Rias Bajas.

Wansworth

Visit site
Glourious sunny afternoon ,light wind and flat sea within the ria de Vigo......and warm.Instead of rushing past to travel the world voyagers might dally over the winter here,rarely gets cold,maybe a bit damp but wonderful stretches of water with out a soul in sight and the anchourages are empty unlike the summer

LittleSister

Me Norfolk/Suffolk border - Boat Deben & Southwold
Visit site
Glourious sunny afternoon ,light wind and flat sea within the ria de Vigo......and warm.

That is a very cruel thing to post on a forum mostly populated by the denizens of Old Blighty. Currently very wet, very grey and rather chilly here.

I agree on the general point, though, and hope to 'take you up on the offer' another year (post-Brexit visa restrictions permitting, which they probably won't).

Quiddle

Visit site
TBH I found the Ria Baixas anchorages fairly accessible in high season, excepting the islands at weekends. But, if you like a swim, the water is sooo c-c-c-old after the N coast, apart from Ria de Aldan which seems to pool warm surface water. Great sailing area, though with many good deals for overwintering.

Wansworth

Visit site
I have myself journeyed from the hinterland and will return tomorrow where it is cold,the rias do indeed have a micro climate and I wasn’t sailing Iwas cutting grass?