Red Diesel

Greg2

Visit site
An update on the CA website regarding the continued use of red in the UK until April 2022 and the Istanbul Convention 1990 providing that, in theory, UK vessels should be able to continue to visit EU countries with red in their tanks.

st599

Visit site
Was a date announced for the ban on red for leisure and fishing announced in last year's budget?

Presumably if it's illegal to use Red from April 2022, then the change over to white will start before then.

st599

Visit site
As most of the providers in leisure ports have said they'll swap to white, they may not have to.

Jim@sea

Visit site
The French use Red Diesel. I was in a café near the canal in Bergerac, There was a hire boat tied up. The crew turned up with 2 x 25 litre plastic cans with something red inside and poured it into a filler on the side of the boat. It was either Red Diesel or 50 Litres of Cherry aide.
Having a farm at the time I was able to identify what the contents were.

Momac

Visit site
Presumably if it's illegal to use Red from April 2022, then the change over to white will start before then.
That would be way too logical

It would make sense for marinas to stock white diesel starting immediately so any red contamination in the marina supplied fuel is at the very least diluted by use over the next year .

In reality it seems the modern way of doing things is to leave things until the last minute and then wonder why there are problems.

dunedin

Visit site
Was a date announced for the ban on red for leisure and fishing announced in last year's budget?

I don‘t think the Government has published any outcome from the consultation done on this last year, therefore no firm plans or migration steps yet known, as far as I am aware. Needs this before places are going to spend money on planning the swap over.
In a worst case scenario could entail new tanks and equipment, to eliminate marker traces. Best case will allow gradual dilution through the shore tanks and vessel tanks. Not aware that has been clarified yet.

Other threads that may be of interest