Red diesel decision is in: full rate at pump from November

andyc

Visit site
Re: Carry on Boating - I don\'t think so!

£1.20-£1.30 per litre? Its £1.20 at the pumps this week and gone up 7p this month....and last...etc..I recon by November we will be paying closer to £1.50 at the marina the rate it is going and £2 is well on the way.

@£1.50 Thats x5 on what I was paying a year ago. Its possible!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Whitelighter

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]

@£1.50 Thats x5 on what I was paying a year ago. Its possible!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No way you were paying £0.30/litre a year ago, not on the water side at least.

Still, 3.5 times increase is terrible. but then, even if we still had red at rebated prices we would be paying £1 a litre by the end of this year - the cost of oil is the cost of oil after all.

andyc

Visit site

For some reason I had £2 in my mind,or my mafs is bad

wotayottie

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
In 1958 petrol was the equivalent of 5 p /litre.A Police Constables salary was £510/year.

In todays terms that equates to qabout £2.50/ litre .Hard to believe that petrol is only half the cost now as then. Makes it seem a bargain really /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Or is it that dibble is now overpaid and thats one reason why we now have to have PCSOs?

gandy

Aberdeenshire (quite far from the Solent)
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Red diesel decision is in: full rate at pump from November
The decision is this: red diesel is staying red, but boaters will have to pay the top rate of duty (54.68 pence per litre instead of 7.69ppl) at the pump from 1 November this year.

[/ QUOTE ]
Is that info published officially anywhere?