Red diesel decision is in: full rate at pump from November

jmmt

Visit site
Re: Carry on Boating - I don\'t think so!

No answer to that one but the guy Chris Skrebowski goes on to say that in 2011 fuel distribution systems will get "ragged" and "anticipation is always worse than reality"

OK then - nothing to worry about folks!

adrianm

Visit site

I clearly remember the "experts" saying in the mid 70's that we would run out of oil during the nineties.

They also said we were entering a new Ice Age.

Abestea

Visit site

I am sure the RYA have a subtle plan up their sleeve and i think i know what it is.

Now that we will be taxed more, the limit will be moved to .. say 1205 days to till oil production overload.

So enter the RYA saying that sailing is the be all an end all to 'green' transportation. Welcome to the pre 19th century. We will all have sailing vehicles without an engine.
Before you jump to conclusions by seeing the sailing boat in my picture and think that i will just be as bad, the engine can be a godsend in certain conditions. I am a petrol head and i hate these high prices both for boats and road vehicles.

Now RYA's secret (maybe devious) plan. Sail powered road vehicles. By 2012 we will be tacking down the M1 to the olympics!!! M4 users will probably have a better time as they will be able to use their spinnakers.

Lo and behold! RYA will have more members and loads more to teach! chi-ching!!

rubberduck

www.atlas-courier-express.co.uk
Been out of it for a while, but I think Red Diesel missed the emphasis on the word "relatively". It was meant to make it clear that all boat owners are not well off gin drinkers, but at the same time they do not tend to be on benefits. Boat owners now need to get together with other diesel users & make a stand, but unfortunately Gordy has learned how to push it just far enough & then make it look like he has climbed down, which of course he cannot afford to do.

Whitelighter

Visit site

Of course, I forgot you would listen to the one person who was right, cleverly discard all others who are clearly wrong.

So you listened to one lecture, and decided that was fact. congratulations. i hope you aren't so narrow minded in other aspects of your life. I appologised last time you felt I was a little harsh on you. not this time. you're a twat and are on ignor.

I doubt you'll bother, but a few articles worth reading, just to get you atrated:

http://www.dailyreckoning.com/rpt/OilShale.html

http://www.americanfreepress.net/html/u_s__has_massive_oil.html

http://www.businessweek.com/globalbiz/content/jul2006/gb20060705_516609.htm?campaign_id=alerts

misty56

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
It seems to me that the RYA are just looking after their own interests and not boaters in general.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hm, just noticed, huh. Welcome aboard.

jmmt

Visit site

Hi Jez! Little windy down here in Cape Town today but warm and diesel costs about 55p / litre.
Anyway thanks for your links - I picked them all up and read them carefully - thank you! I forgot to tell you that I have spent nearly all my working life in the petrochemical business in both upstream and downstream so I'm fairly familiar with the economics of shale extraction. Personally I don't think its going to happen as the numbers really don't add up but - hey Jez - what do I know!! I'm blind, stupid, arrogant, close to breaking point, ignorant and now a twat!
When I get back to the old country Jez I'll visit with you and we can have a cup of tea and chat about the good old days when we just filled her up and never bothered to even count the change!

Pip pip Jez

mrbloto

Visit site

the only way to stop them is do it the french way how long does it take to stop all movement blockade the fair ways to main fuel ports all fuel movements are by sea before they are by road

graham

Visit site

In 1958 petrol was the equivalent of 5 p /litre.A Police Constables salary was £510/year.

In todays terms that equates to qabout £2.50/ litre .Hard to believe that petrol is only half the cost now as then. Makes it seem a bargain really /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The source of my research was a birthday card in Tescos that gives the cost of things on the date people were born so I cant vouch for its accuracy /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gifIf I were an MP I could claim thousands in expenses for that bit of research.

Sneds

Visit site

I wonder how much petrol was sold in 1958? Probably a lot less than today?
Have you seem how much a TV cost back then? As much as a policeman..........like your thinking though /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bearjoshy

Visit site

Subject: Re: Carry on Boating - I don't think so!

It would take very little effort on the part of boat owners to block Southampton waters main channel

Will the French help us like the British small ships helped them at Dunkirk ?

Sneds

Visit site

Now I would love to see that /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif vive la revolution!

rich99uk

Visit site

Ok with this new tax on fuel from november does anyone know how it will be enforced /Policed??
When we fill up will the supplier take our names and address ?

Brayman

Visit site

Current thinking is that the retailer will not take such details, maybe not even the boat name. All he has to do is report how much he has sold and pay over the requisite amount of tax/duty.

Lionel

Visit site

It looks like I may be spending a couple of years living on my boat as from this summer, so -
"An allowance for domestic use will be permitted".
I would hazard a guess that my heating useage will be about 90% of fuel used. Somehow, I can't see a goverment making allowances of much more than say 10%-20% thus I will be getting taxed unfairly.
I guess I will just have to go and have seperate tanks fitted !!

misty56

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
If I were an MP I could claim thousands in expenses for that bit of research.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your honesty would automatically disqualify you.

Re the price, though, petrol was five shillings (25p) a gallon in 1966, which is the year I started serving petrol in my Dad's garage on Saturdays, so that's right enough, and the polis salary rings true too..

gandy

Aberdeenshire (quite far from the Solent)
Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
Ok with this new tax on fuel from november does anyone know how it will be enforced /Policed??
When we fill up will the supplier take our names and address ?

[/ QUOTE ]
Our garage doesn't ask anything. They told me they only need to record details of the purchaser for a sale of over 100 litres. Never even asked me what the fuel was for when we filled our 25 litre cans. Pay by cash and there's no trail at all.

I suspect if they do check, they may expect boat owners to produce receipts.