Red boards still?

Viking23

Visit site
Looked on the EA website and it’s not been updated recently. Assume red boards everywhere still? Is this a record period for not being able to navigate on the Thames? Seem to recall reds back from November. I’m ready to go out but can’t!

Old Crusty

Visit site
The RC info should be updated daily, twice daily in strong stream conditions. As of today, St John's, Molesey & Teddington reaches are yellow decreasing.

LimL

Visit site
Thanks! Signs of progress then. I see the site is now updated. Hopefully we can venture out for some cruising soon!
Look at gaugemap if you want up-to-date information on river flow and levels. Several stations have flow gauges e.g. reading, maidenhead. The latter is currently around 130 cubic metres/ second- if you have a Viking 23 then the flow needs to probably be <75 for you to feel happy. Was around 50 or below during last summer.

Viking23

Visit site
Look at gaugemap if you want up-to-date information on river flow and levels. Several stations have flow gauges e.g. reading, maidenhead. The latter is currently around 130 cubic metres/ second- if you have a Viking 23 then the flow needs to probably be <75 for you to feel happy. Was around 50 or below during last summer.
Thanks, that’s worth knowing! I’ve found it’s not just the flow, but also the debris that it brings too-the odd tree/log and prop-fouling material too, that needs to be taken into account!

TrueBlue

Visit site
Where's my blurry post gone...
Fear not intrepid marina moorers, Yellow Boards have appeared earlier today at the top of the navigation and at the bottm.
Good news, better things in view - the River is perhaps one place where you could venture forth without breaching too many of Boris' dictums / dictat. That is of course if your boat is in commission and you can get fuel

Never mind I will / may venture forth - having today survived the British Inquisition with only a slight slap on the wrist from a delightful and professional gentleman (I was bothered that my thrupple nuts would not pass muster).

BST will shortly be upon us, there will be a drought , the boards will be recycled to block up the side weirs - welcome restricted operation... On second thoughts, stay in your marinas (or is it marinae?)

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
Nice to see some yellows I guess maybe they will raise the sunken wide bean canal boat by Sunbury weir now.

As for the forecast of drought my prediction is the opposite.

More floods to come. Everything is full now. Any prolonged rain is going to have a rapid effect on the River.

It's not unusual to get proper rain in April.

Hopefully not but it has been a very wet winter. It could be a pattern.