Re engine LM 30

stephenslm30

Visit site
Hi
We have an LM 30 with a Volvo 36hp. in need of replacing. Volvo recommend a D1-30 which is 26hp at the prop. Has anyone any advise as to the suitability of the D1-30 please?
Thank you.

scottie

Visit site
I suspect that your existing engine has the flywheel at the front ahead of the bearers which will be comparatively narrower than any of current range of engines so it probably doesn’t matter what make you install
The D1-30 is probably neither any better or worse that any other however Beta has a reputation for being helpful with providing assistance in re engining
Please take using your old propeller out of any consideration

richardbrennan

Visit site
I have a Westerly Ocean 33 with a D1-30 which replaced a 2030. The standard engine was a 2020, the D1-30 has plenty of grunt although I realise the LM is a bit more of a motor-sailer.

langstonelayabout

Visit site
I think you'd miss those extra horses. Not often, just when it matters, eg punching a tide into a harbour.

There are some Chinese engines around that were getting some very positive reactions a while ago, these guys, perhaps? Inboard Marine Diesel Engines - marine-power.net

Their prices may allow a bit more bang for your buck

Whilst offering an attractive deal per horsepower, recent posts here suggest the Marine Power engines aren’t well supported by their importer. Please make sure what deal they offer for the engine and for service before you buy.

Last edited: