Raymarine C90W Navionics Industrial Flash Card

Peteruk

Visit site
Hi everyone. My name is Peter Gregory. I live on the IoW.
We've recently purchased a new (to us) boat.
The Raymarine C90W is already in situ with one unit at the helm and another on the fly bridge. These units are 12 years old but no reason to replace them if I can get them to work properly. I have an excellent marine electrician who's willing to help me with this task. Fingers crossed!
These units take an Industrial compact flash cartridge, quite a big solid item.
The CF installed is Navionics for North Wales & Isle of Man.
I'm looking for an Industrial compact flash cartridge for the South Coast/English channel or indeed the whole of the UK.
Should anyone have such a beast, maybe following an upgrade or some-such, I'd be very interested in buying it from you!
I will look regularly at my post to see if anyone responds or I can be contacted by phone Peter Gregory - 01983-811.433
Many thanks

Poecheng

Visit site
Peter,

Try this : New Navionics+ 28XG UK, Ireland, Holland Compact Flash Card - 2Gb It looks like it might still be available.

There are often others on Facebook marketplace.

I have the C90W and l like it.

ISTR the C90W has an in-built chart of the world - at least to a certain definition but most put in a CF card for the area that is to be visited.

THe rotary controls become a bit funny over time and fall out but these can be bought from N America for $100 to save the unit - I have done it and they work. There are threads on the forum in the last year about it.

Peteruk

Visit site
Peter,

Try this : New Navionics+ 28XG UK, Ireland, Holland Compact Flash Card - 2Gb It looks like it might still be available.

There are often others on Facebook marketplace.

I have the C90W and l like it.

ISTR the C90W has an in-built chart of the world - at least to a certain definition but most put in a CF card for the area that is to be visited.

THe rotary controls become a bit funny over time and fall out but these can be bought from N America for $100 to save the unit - I have done it and they work. There are threads on the forum in the last year about it.

Thanks for replying with that info. Another subscriber has offered me 2 or 3. options on cards at different price points, one brand new & with updates for a year down to a 2008 card.

I'm just relieved that the cards for our cruising area are still around. My electrician is looking at the sat navs next Wednesday and everything hinges on him sorting everything out.

Stupidly & without thinking it through, when I discovered I couldn't get depths or speed & only basic chart display I sat with the C90 at our mooring and tried to sort it out. I couldn't and after 2 or 3 fruitless hours, took the 'Factory Reset ' option. That was a mistake. Now the radar will need resetting & everything. Bother.
Sages say ignorance is bliss but in my case it's very much a case If you don't know what it does don't mess with it!!

I have a few 'in hindsight ' realisations relating to buying the boat 280 miles from home that other people on the forum might find interesting or possibly even useful based on my experiences . I'll tell the story in the right area of the YBW site. (maybe that's right here?)

goeasy123

Visit site
You can buy current charts on SD cards from Navionics and transfer them to standard (bought off ebay) CF cards. There's a special formatting process you can get by contacting the supplier....or you can use an old Navionics formatted CF card and replace the charts on there that you don't want with new downloaded charts you do want.

Last edited:

Hoist

Visit site
I've got 2 available

2003 English Channel XL gold
2003 river thames to calais

£40 for the pair