racing crew wanted - cardiff bay series

Birdseye

Visit site
For a starlight 35 racing under NHC. Keen racers but enjoyment is the objective so a congenial crew is important. Experience less so - you can learn " on the job"..

The racing is every Sunday, usually for 4/5 hours. I try to have a small group of crew so that you can miss a week or two without problem.

I have ambitions to do some of the longer overnight races next summer if that is of interest. So is some cruising since my wife has lost interest and prefers visiting NT houses!!!

P.M. me

ricardo77

Visit site
For a starlight 35 racing under NHC. Keen racers but enjoyment is the objective so a congenial crew is important. Experience less so - you can learn " on the job"..

The racing is every Sunday, usually for 4/5 hours. I try to have a small group of crew so that you can miss a week or two without problem.

I have ambitions to do some of the longer overnight races next summer if that is of interest. So is some cruising since my wife has lost interest and prefers visiting NT houses!!!

P.M. me
Hi, I'm keen to join. Can't seem to find pm option ? I'll be at cbyc most of w/c 5th.

01_Anna

Visit site
There is no "real" racing at CBYC at the moment, and no-one knows when it will start. If the Welsh government eases the restrictions, a big IF; there might be some "passage" type races in late July.

ricardo77

Visit site
Thanks 01_Anna I parked my boat at CBYC in October and haven't seen much of it since :rolleyes: - am keen to meet other sailors and get out on the water, when as you say, allowed.

01_Anna

Visit site
We do not live in Cardiff, but come to the club most weekends. This was us on

Screenshot_20200627-184124.png
Saturday. If you are around, please come to see us, we are at J12. :)
(I hope, I am not "highjacking" this tread).

Last edited:

Birdseye

Visit site
Hi Ricardo. As someone has said there is no real racing at present and likely wont be until the Frostbite in October if then. However I will want crew if racing ever re-starts so I'll keep your name on my list. Howard

01_Anna

Visit site
I have spoken to Kevin on Sunday, and he said that they do hope to reschedule some of the longer passage races, if the restrictions are eased.
If I get any more info, I will post it here.