Project OBD!!!!!!! ( Norman 32 refurb )

Bigplumbs

Visit site
How has your tent withstood the recent storms? Looks ideal for working on the boat.

We are quite lucky as we are fairly sheltered however the two recent storms were a test. I strapped it down with ratchet straps and those spiral twist things that you 'wind into the ground.

It has held up and is holding up well.

Last edited:
Visit site
Just trying something.

https://i.postimg.cc/wMhXyrdx/20200201-132014.jpg

20200201-132014.jpg
The most interesting thread on this forum if you ask me !! Great stuff and I wish you every success

waynes world

Visit site
Nothing grand to update on due `Waynes Boat Work Services` is kicking off and now i am part time doing it instead of just weekends. This came after having an eye hemorrhage back in January and thinking life is to short to work and not play enough. So i went back to employed work three days and rest for me and the business.

So in the last week or so i have been mad busy on other folks boat trying to fill the bank again. And today i got a few hours to myself and planned on blocking up the two rear windows of the front cabin as there will be portholes there for the Heads.

Well a few gray clouds put a stop to that, not worth the risk.

So 3hrs spent sanding this small area, about another 70sqm to go, felt dam good though.

89905748_10222356275560591_2373919211517902848_o(1).jpg

Another thing to mention, this is going to be a live aboard, think i may of mentioned that before, so why not go all out like i do a lot of the time and get a new set of windows made. After getting quotes from all major companies we have found the ones of choice.

These are from Channel Glaze, it will be an order of 8 full Hopper windows and 2 portholes. Cost is half the cost of the original fit out budget. Well worth it though and i love the idea of double glazed units. Mainly to reduce the condensation and secondly keep the boat a little warmer. And they look nice :)

Sorry this is only way i could work out how to show this video they sent me of the full hopper type, half the price of the ones below..

https://dl-mail.ymail.com/ws/downlo....yahoo.com/d/iframemsg?id=download-5279717371

These are the middle Hopper type but cost twice the price at around £760 for the largest window.

thumbnail (1).jpg

thumbnail (3).jpg

See how funds go and could half hopper in the front cabin/bedroom.

Now for Vas, any chance when you have time again to do your little trick with changing a picture again please :)

mite be to detailed i dont know but still to stretch the rear cabin of the boat by 12 foot with two large windows and it is going a little higher by 4-6 inch aswell. Along with the rear 3 foot of the front cabin by same height ( under the top screen area ) as this is the heads which will have a porthole and want more head room. with it sloping down forward to meet the original roof.

Dont know if thats possible but you have more know how that me and your last stretch was amazing. Cheers kida :)

vas

Visit site
Now for Vas, any chance when you have time again to do your little trick with changing a picture again please :)

mite be to detailed i dont know but still to stretch the rear cabin of the boat by 12 foot with two large windows and it is going a little higher by 4-6 inch aswell. Along with the rear 3 foot of the front cabin by same height ( under the top screen area ) as this is the heads which will have a porthole and want more head room. with it sloping down forward to meet the original roof.

Dont know if thats possible but you have more know how that me and your last stretch was amazing. Cheers kida :)

W,

stuck between home and boat, Uni closed, happy to oblige if I understand what you want. Don't forget I'm metric, struggling with feet, you confuse me!

assuming you mod this last attempt:
waines_norman48.jpg

can you please add your yellow and blue lines like you've done before and I'll phop a "proper" rendering?

cheers

V.

PS. I'll even try to polish the hull :D

waynes world

Visit site
W,

stuck between home and boat, Uni closed, happy to oblige if I understand what you want. Don't forget I'm metric, struggling with feet, you confuse me!

assuming you mod this last attempt:
waines_norman48.jpg

can you please add your yellow and blue lines like you've done before and I'll phop a "proper" rendering?

cheers

V.

PS. I'll even try to polish the hull :D

Your a gent :)

Yes i think that was the rear cabin 12 foot / 4m extension.

I can work both so here you go

My effort at tech stuff lol

So 12 foot say 4m
4inch is 100mm and 6 inch is 150mm

Go on then polish away with a nice pin stripe in blue please lol

waines_norman48.jpg

sogood

Visit site
Glad to see you're still about Wayne. I was beginning to miss you! I've succumbed to the sickness again and picked up a nice Sealine 218 fitted with a volvo diesel ad31. More about that to follow.........
Keep up the good work and keep us posted!

waynes world

Visit site
Glad to see you're still about Wayne. I was beginning to miss you! I've succumbed to the sickness again and picked up a nice Sealine 218 fitted with a volvo diesel ad31. More about that to follow.........
Keep up the good work and keep us posted!

Oh still at it, and nice boat you have, have i missed something, you have two boats now or still got the other.

I like those portlights, very smart! They look to be stainless, is that right?

Polished aluminium, for the bloody price they should be SS . they offer a few finishes, not sure yet what to go for.

Boat Windows & Portholes by Channelglaze Ltd

longjohnsilver

Visit site
I didn’t mean anything in particular, just to ask what they might be able to do for you. I’ve got zero knowledge of double glazing manufacturing.

waynes world

Visit site
I didn’t mean anything in particular, just to ask what they might be able to do for you. I’ve got zero knowledge of double glazing manufacturing.

AH reat, all they can do is UPVC, i spoke to some a while ago when i was getting new windows for the house, some folk use them but its not for me on looks, ruins the boat, even on a narrow boat they look odd. The frames are so thick and wide. On a small cruiser that has only around 15inch height in windows, the frames are that thick they look daft. Also i want radiused corners and the small radius is not possible in UPVC. They do thin glass units of i think as thin as 10mm like on a boat but its still the frames. Also on a boat that has more flex the seals can break easier.

The ones above will cost me around £4200 for them all, but hey, it will be spot on ;)

waynes world

Visit site
are they alloy though W?
would be nice if they are SS!
looks like I'll manage to do the pshop tomorrow, sorry...

V.

No rush kida, cant ask for anything more for a favour like that ;)

They are aluminium, all the companies i called about them were making them from ally. For inland waters its fine, they may well make them from SS for heavy duty sea going vessels..

sogood

Visit site
Oh still at it, and nice boat you have, have i missed something, you have two boats now or still got the other.

Polished aluminium, for the bloody price they should be SS . they offer a few finishes, not sure yet what to go for.

Boat Windows & Portholes by Channelglaze Ltd
Yes Wayne, two boats, for now. I had been toying with the idea of going diesel, and came across a Sealine 218 with a volvo ad31, 130hp diesel. It has potential and suits my needs better. So I'll be finishing off the work I started on the Wellcraft and put her up for sale, probably at a silly knock down price. Watch this space....

waynes world

Visit site
Yes Wayne, two boats, for now. I had been toying with the idea of going diesel, and came across a Sealine 218 with a volvo ad31, 130hp diesel. It has potential and suits my needs better. So I'll be finishing off the work I started on the Wellcraft and put her up for sale, probably at a silly knock down price. Watch this space....

Well then Admiral :) I must say i like the Sealine more. One thing i dont like doing is working on a boat just to sell it.

Well i finished work early ( beauty of being self employed i guess :) ) today so near finished sanding one side of the hull but then i got giddy and came up with this.

20200317-163725.jpg

sogood

Visit site
Not my favourite pastime either, but I'm happy to let it go cheaply, mostly just to recoup costs on the Sealine. Someone will be getting a very solid boat what with new transom stringers etc. But now I have lots of time at home thanks to corona virus. I drive tour coaches on a seasonal basis, but no season this year. Did a short 5 day tour and that was it. Everything shut down as quickly as it started. It will make a change to be at home during the summer months. I admire your attitude and determination. I wouldn't enjoy chopping and stitching such a large boat and especially not outdoors.
I'm happily pottering along doing some cosmetic improvements to the Sealine, then a proper service when I get my bits and pieces delivered.

vas

Visit site
No rush kida, cant ask for anything more for a favour like that ;)

sorry W,

not done it as it's slightly embarrassing, cannot find the PSD file I've been working on!
Spent a couple of hours on different PCs, not sure where I did the work :(

Now, do you happen to have the original pic in higher rez W?
No problem releghtening, just need a higher pixel count one
Don't want to work on the small rez of the pic I sent you (OK, I can find that :rolleyes: )

cheers

V.

waynes world

Visit site
sorry W,

not done it as it's slightly embarrassing, cannot find the PSD file I've been working on!
Spent a couple of hours on different PCs, not sure where I did the work :(

Now, do you happen to have the original pic in higher rez W?
No problem releghtening, just need a higher pixel count one
Don't want to work on the small rez of the pic I sent you (OK, I can find that :rolleyes: )

cheers

V.

What you like lol, i dont have a bloody clue what your on about with that jargon PSD, i know higher the pixel better picture. Ill look what i have . Buurrr with kida.