problem starting the engine

jon rep

Visit site
I have a yanmar 2gm 20. after a change in the auxiliary oil pump the engine does not start easily. when it starts it is very ok but it has a lot of exhaust from the exhaust pipe. has something gone wrong with the auxiliary oil pump ?? here in Chios Greece they tell me about cut springs. the problem started when i changed the auxiliary oil pump thank you very much

srm

Visit site
I have a yanmar 2gm 20. after a change in the auxiliary oil pump the engine does not start easily. when it starts it is very ok but it has a lot of exhaust from the exhaust pipe. has something gone wrong with the auxiliary oil pump ?? here in Chios Greece they tell me about cut springs. the problem started when i changed the auxiliary oil pump thank you very much
You may get help on the PBO forum as far more people over there.

Bilgediver

Visit site
It is unclear which pump you changed. as neither the lub oil pump or the Fuel lift pump are likely to have any effect on the exhaust are you referring to a hydraulic drive pump that the engine is driving as part of a hydraulic drive system to an hydraulic drive motor. If this is the case then yes fitting the incorrect pump could overload the engine as seems to be happening in your case. It is similar to fitting the wrong gearbox. However if you have load on the engine while starting then the pump is not in zero load position If it is mechanically controlled to forward/reverse/stop, it must be put in stop (zero) position before starting the engine.

Last edited: