Price of berth

bosse

Visit site
Hi!
I Am a swede (a cheap one I presume) that resently bought a yacht in plymouth (QAB), I have a berth until last of March, and then dontknowwhat..... I quite found the English price´s on staying further is <slightly> well... to be honest terribly (which is an understatement in swedish terms) ... high!, therefore I am about to move it a bit further towards the baltic sea (where by-the-way the prices are about a tenth).
Well... to the question....
Has anyone had any experience in the prices, either on the east coast of England, or perhaps the Dutch coast, where it is possible to stay from April-07 until (early)June-07 for a reasonable sum (not like QAB 450£/month /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif).....
kind regards
CheapSwede

Athene V30

Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria in Winter, the boat
Visit site
Hi

I assume you are looking for a marina berth rather than a mooring or are you staying with the boat in UK?

Not sure what availability there is but you could try Ipswich Haven Marina - (01473 236644) as it is close to the railway station for connecting for flights if going home. There are others but further from public transport.

bosse

Visit site
It seems a bit waste to pay around 650£ for two months, since I´m not even going to be there. I will check Ipswitch haven marina, but am not optimistic, will probably try to find some backwater in holland to get a good deal (or is it the same prices there too?). (the boat is almost 13m)

Phoenix of Hamble

mishapsandmemories.blogspot.com
I would guess that you'd be able to find a temporary berth at most east coast marinas for that duration for reasonable money....

As well as Ipswich Haven, try Ipswich Neptune, Shotley marina, Suffolk Yacht Haven, Titchmarsh at Walton on the Naze, Bradwell in the Blackwater and Burnham Yacht Haven.... also perhaps a bit cheaper, try Brightlingsea..

I don't know what the situation is in Holland, perhaps try somewhere like Roompot, and you could also try Oostende and Nieuwpoort in Belgium...

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
[ QUOTE ]

I don't know what the situation is in Holland, perhaps try somewhere like Roompot, and you could also try Oostende and Nieuwpoort in Belgium...

[/ QUOTE ]

Oostende expensive for "short stay" (<6 months).
Best bet in Ostend -> RYCO.

Nieuwpoort -> WskLuM (Air Force yacht Club)
Very reasonable prices and first class service.
Speak to Max De Baere +32(0)58/23.36.41 or info@wsklum.be

ianc1200

Visit site
What sort of keel has the boat got? If can dry out, £200 a year for a 6m boat is possible, I believe. There was a thread on the PBO forum about this, and I looked into the cost of mooring a Corribee in Bradwell Creek (now decided to keep an Anderson 22 in Bradwell Marina) the cost was £167.

IanC