powerboat level 2 this weekend

Sticky Fingers

Visit site
What Sneds said. There’s no berthing manoeuvre that’s improved with more power. Watch the elements ie wind and tide / river flow, and figure out what they’re going to do to the boat before you start. Know the basics on colregs.

mil1194

www.myitmatters.com
Good luck. Having said that it’s a course and not an exam so not exactly a fail/pass situation. Take your time, listen, and most of all enjoy it.

Dodgy Diver

Visit site
Well I had a amazing weekend. I passed with no issues. The instructor even let me drop him off at the harbour so he could go get the trailer and I had 15 min to play on my own before I had to load it whilst he was guiding me on land. That was a experience. But it has shown me that I need assistance when loading. So. Anyone know places that will assist in unloading and loading again. Obviously happy to pay for the service. Thanks

Dodgy Diver

Visit site
You can now get it commercially endorsed and earn a living driveing fast ribs with passengers and passenger boats around (12 pax max and 3 miles out from a named port) I think.
Good luck ?
My long term plan is to move back to Tenerife and ferry scuba divers about. How do I go about doing the above please. N

38mess

Visit site
My long term plan is to move back to Tenerife and ferry scuba divers about. How do I go about doing the above please. N
You can sort it all your self Darren. Get a medical first, then a radio course, sea survival, PPR and a first aid at sea course. The is lots of stuff on line, perhaps ask the guys who took you for the course if you are not sure.
Maybe go for the Advanced powerboat ticket next which is a bit more useful. Good luck.

Never Grumble

Visit site
You can now get it commercially endorsed and earn a living driveing fast ribs with passengers and passenger boats around (12 pax max and 3 miles out from a named port) I think.
Good luck ?
Out of interest is that the same qualification and experience that the guy who rammed the buoy in Southampton water had.

I was asked if I would do the PB2 so I can drive a safety boat at the sailing club.

Well done the OP for doing a course.

38mess

Visit site
Out of interest is that the same qualification and experience that the guy who rammed the buoy in Southampton water had.

I was asked if I would do the PB2 so I can drive a safety boat at the sailing club.

Well done the OP for doing a course.
Yes for qualification, don't know about his experience.