Postal address in the UK, any company recomendations?

davethedog

Visit site
Hi all,

Not for us but someone we know, what do people recommend for a providing company to have a UK address (for banking etc) to avoid any issues ref living abroad? Aware that there is a cost involved but after a good recommendation for him.

Cheers

DTD

Yngmar

Visit site
Boatmail is doing okay again under new ownership, after some bumps during the change. You still get an actual real human to talk to who understands liveaboard issues, which is a boon.

PlanB

Visit site
I was going to use Ship to Shore, but a friend offered the use of her address and that worked for 12 years. In exchange for the odd case of wine, she dealt with the mail, scanned in anything important and binned the junk. And I had an address for all uk purposes.

KompetentKrew

Visit site
You still get an actual real human to talk to who understands liveaboard issues, which is a boon.
Ghostmail / Ghostmaildrop are also of this standard, a couple called Alan and Sue. I think they've been doing it a long time.

I hate their website but just pay by bank transfer now.

I think they default to sharing scans by Dropbox, but they're happy to email them instead. They respond well to email and hold things for me for weeks before posting them to me. I feel them a little pricey on postage costs, but overall cheaper than some other services, I think. I find them very helpful.

The full address is on the postcode database. I'm sure this is the case for most suppliers, but wasn't for the dreadful cheap one I used before (they used a shared office building).

Robin

Visit site
I set up EXPAT SERVICES whilst we were living in USA and still maintain an address there now we are 'home' but living aboard our boat and in theory free to roam. They now have multiple choices ofUK location addresses though ours is still with the original in Pembrokeshire. Not cheap but reliable, very friendly on the phone, no call centre garbage. (y)