Post-lockdown crewing opportunities near the exe?

Visit site
Hi everyone. I recently moved to the Exe vicinity, I have some dinghy sailing experience and sailed on yachts a bit in my youth, my dream is to sail on yachts and eventually buy one of my own.

I don't have any RYA qualifications except for level 2 powerboat but I think I have practical experience of much of the competent crew syllabus.

I'm not leaving the house at the moment except to wander the fields and gaze longingly at the sea but wondered if anyone would like to make plans to go out as soon as we can? I can be flexible around my working days but one or two day trips would suit me better than anything longer as I also have a family to think of.

all the best

Sandy

Visit site
Hi everyone. I recently moved to the Exe vicinity, I have some dinghy sailing experience and sailed on yachts a bit in my youth, my dream is to sail on yachts and eventually buy one of my own.

I don't have any RYA qualifications except for level 2 powerboat but I think I have practical experience of much of the competent crew syllabus.

I'm not leaving the house at the moment except to wander the fields and gaze longingly at the sea but wondered if anyone would like to make plans to go out as soon as we can? I can be flexible around my working days but one or two day trips would suit me better than anything longer as I also have a family to think of.

all the best
It would be worth contacting the Exe SC in Exmouth, Lympstone SC, Topsham SC, Starcross SC and Starcross Fishing and Cruising Club.

I kept my boat on the Exe until a few years ago and they are all friendly clubs.

MikeCC

www.allGadgets.co.uk
Second Sandy on that, and all quite different. Exe and Topsham have good evening cruiser racing programmes. There are boats who will take new crew with less experience. It's a good way to get involved and meet people for day sails. You should be able to get out a few times before committing to join.
Getting in touch with non-club sailors can be more of a challenge although there is a Devon and Cornwall Sailing group on Facebook.

Visit site
Thanks for the advice. In fact I have already joined starcross yacht club as my wayfarer is there. I just need to be allowed to get down there to start to meet the other sailors!