Portuguese residency - current situation - advice needed

nortada

Visit site
Yep, we attempted to get residency over the last couple of months. Just about everything in this thread is now out of date. We have decided to no longer progress with residency as it is impossible in the short term. Off to the Caribbean instead.
There is a 50,000 application backlog. SEF are to be replaced but it hasn't happened. To get a fiscal number now you take somebody with residency with you to the tax office and they present you. Not too difficult.
Most will need a D7 visa now. It designed for somebody buying a house not living on a boat. Marina address not good enough. You need a house or lease agreement. You have to open a bank account and deposit minimum of €7000 each in the account and have income per month going in based on minimum wage at least.
You can't progress any of this at moment cos SEF doing nothing whilst they wait to be replaced. It's a complete joke.
It’s Portugal.

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
Constant change is here to stay and I suspect Portugal and the Med EU States will find away to get around the 90/180 rule. Losing the Swallows could cripple their already weak economies.

Ahem: Economic forecast for Portugal

I don't think people in Portugal will face starvation without Brits. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

DownWest

Visit site
Love this thread.. When I first needed a residencia, all I needed was letter from a resident who thought I was a 'decent' bloke. Came through in a few weeks..