Portugal lockdown - can we sail?

Sailfree

Visit site
Were launderettes open?

Re. Safety - we are probably past maximum danger... lockdown should thin the virus infested hordes and make them behave a little better.

Need to keep away from Brazilians!
- W

Yes launderettes were open but we decided wiping down equipment and being in close proximity to others best avoided.

Did not use marina shower facilities either just used shower cubical on boat - advantage of having 43' although never realised in 2005 when I ordered it as a charter boat we would end up living on it for 1yr!

Been the cheapest accommodation we have ever had though accepting that already had a devalued (after 15yrs of depreciation) boat.

Last edited:

webcraft

www.bluemoment.com
Reports of the engine being installed turned out to be premature.

The current mounting solution is not going to work, the engine moves too much on the mounts under throttle now the new propshaft is fitted.

We are going to try to make new engine beds further back beside the gearbox, in a very confined space. Our engineer has held his hands up and said he will not charge us any more, but it is more yard time to do the fibreglass work.

Seems this rabbit hole has no bottom.

- W

andyc352

Visit site
I’ve just taken a solo sailors lines here in Albufeira. He’s Norwegian flagged and arrived from Nazare so obviously some yachts are still moving within Portugal. He was told that the prohibition on movement only applied to Portuguese boats and he even stopped off en-rote to here in a couple of places with no problems. The marina here told me I shouldn’t go even for a day sail so I guess it depends on who you talk to. (It’s also occurred to me that as he’s single handing, he could be considered to be participating in an individual sport which is allowed under lockdown rules).

webcraft

www.bluemoment.com
That's very interesting. Who knows, you may be taking our lines soon.

Last lockdown in Cascais anyone arriving had to quarantine on the boat.

Every place will, as is the Portuguese way. be interpreting the rules individually.

( It was the sixth policeman we encountered on Sunday while out for a walk who told us to go home)

- W