Portugal lockdown - can we sail?

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
Hoping to get the boat back in the water tomorrow, with a working engine.
Will we be able to go anywhere?
- W

Everything I've heard on the national news so far indicates not. It's a stay at home rule except for food shopping, doctor etc. Even if you escape from the marina, you may well be put into quarantine wherever you arrive as travel outside local area not allowed.

Sailfree

Visit site
If the marina are allowed to do lifts tomorrow, maybe Webby could get permission to leave the marina and anchor in the bay outside, could be worth asking local maritime plod.

If its like last time at Nazare no one was allowed to land! Arrivals were met by police and allowed to refuel, rewater and Police went shopping for them and passed them to crew on board boat. Boatbthen expected to leave. Crew were not allowed ashore!

Are you happy living on boat and no going ashore for ?? Could be 3 months!

Police might not be keen on anyone anchoring in case they sneak ashore in the dark!

webcraft

www.bluemoment.com
We will just be happy to get back on the pontoon and chill out. Got unlimited data sims today for a month.

Lift in tomorrow is looking pretty definite. Am pleased that our official residency address is the marina.

Still hoping to be able to go out and do some engine tests at least, but we will see what happens.

- W

Sailfree

Visit site
We will just be happy to get back on the pontoon and chill out. Got unlimited data sims today for a month.

Lift in tomorrow is looking pretty definite. Am pleased that our official residency address is the marina.

Still hoping to be able to go out and do some engine tests at least, but we will see what happens.

- W

Good luck.

We were living on our boat at Nazare during last lockdown while our new house was being built. There were 2 other boats with liveaboards both stuck in Nazare.

We only left the marina for shopping and walks. We kept our distance from the other couples. We did talk to them but usually about 3m!

Boats were not allows to move and I assume if we had we would have been reported to Police.

When lockdown eased we formed a bubble with friends and often stayed at their house mainly determined by it being safer to do washing at their house than in local launderettes.

Stay safe.

SaltIre

Visit site
New engine, clean bilges, instant starting, reliable power. Bliss.
You missed out clean fuel tank and clean diesel. I bought a boat with a Betamarine engine which had done 2 hours. Here's what I later discovered in the bottom of the tank...
Tank1.jpg

:poop:

webcraft

www.bluemoment.com
You missed out clean fuel tank and clean diesel. I bought a boat with a Betamarine engine which had done 2 hours. Here's what I later discovered in the bottom of the tank...
Tank1.jpg

:poop:

Diesel tank was all cleaned/repaired before launch in August 2019, but it has no sump so may cause issues. It's on a future 'to do' list, but would need to get a custom tank made.

- W

webcraft

www.bluemoment.com
Good luck.

We were living on our boat at Nazare during last lockdown while our new house was being built. There were 2 other boats with liveaboards both stuck in Nazare.

We only left the marina for shopping and walks. We kept our distance from the other couples. We did talk to them but usually about 3m!

Boats were not allows to move and I assume if we had we would have been reported to Police.

When lockdown eased we formed a bubble with friends and often stayed at their house mainly determined by it being safer to do washing at their house than in local launderettes.

Stay safe.

Were launderettes open?

Re. Safety - we are probably past maximum danger... lockdown should thin the virus infested hordes and make them behave a little better.

Need to keep away from Brazilians!

- W

KompetentKrew

Visit site
Ah! Thank you. The 20GB / 40GB top-ups I've been using last a month, and I've been combining them with the 17GB or 20GB I get from Three.

I guess unlimited data for 15 days for €15 would be cheaper, if I were to cancel my Three contract.

I seem to be using a lot more data here in Portugal than I've used in the past - inexplicably, about twice as much.

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
Ah! Thank you. The 20GB / 40GB top-ups I've been using last a month, and I've been combining them with the 17GB or 20GB I get from Three.
I guess unlimited data for 15 days for €15 would be cheaper, if I were to cancel my Three contract.
I seem to be using a lot more data here in Portugal than I've used in the past - inexplicably, about twice as much.

MEO cards are now sold by the day, ranging from €15 to €50 (15-50 days) and can be topped up for number of days you want at ATM or phone shop. I keep a couple in hand as they last 12 months from date of manufacture on the pack and work up the Guadiana in places Voda (contract) doesn't.