Portishead marina

Seastoke

Visit site
Well if anyone knows Pete and Helen off Artimous a 36ft fly , can you say hello and tell them we got to Torquay.

Seastoke

Visit site
It’s where we sit and wave a hand of friendship to the raggies as we pass by . But the ignorance shows them up by not returning the gesture.

TwoHooter

Visit site
I think you'll find it's one of those high up things where blokes sit and shout at their wives, while she's trying to leap across the gap to the pontoon!
Allan
Which is an excuse for me to tell a story I was told by someone who said he witnessed the incident, at Swanwick.
Large and expensive MoBo, helmed by a skipper who was struggling a bit with the helming side of things. Crewed by his wife. Skipper unable to bring the boat fully alongside after several attempts. Crew reports there is a gap. "Jump, you stupid cow!" yells Skipper to Crew. Crew jumps with mooring line in hand, slides across wet pontoon, enters water on the other side, still clinging to line. Crew finds ladder, climbs out, flings line back on boat and squelches her way off towards the car park.
One month later, MoBo is up for sale and broker says it's a divorce.

Allan

Visit site
I should point out that my comments on this thread are meant in jest.
I've seen many times, with motor and sail boats, the bloke on the wheel/tiller and his wife/partner/mistress struggling with the ropes. On our boat, Skipper helms, I do the ropes. As I'm a bit fat, I'm more able to put my weight behind pulling a rope if my timing is off. The Skipper is far better than me at the helm.
Allan
PS
I've met lovely people on all types of boats and the same applies to meeting gits!

graham

Visit site
I spotted about 30 kids waving at me from the Pembroke to Ireland Ferry last week. I returned the wave as I allways do if I see someone waving.Not sure if that counts as a mobo though.