• REMINDER - COVID-19

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as YBW, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health and liberty is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Users who are found to promulgate FAKE NEWS on the forum in regard to this issue, intentional or otherwise, may find their access terminated. It is your responsibility to provide references to bona fide sources.

FAKE NEWS, in this regard, is that which is posited by organisations, media, etc., that is repeated on the forum, or used to support personal opinion/hypothesis posted by users - FAKE NEWS is not necessarily the personal opinion/hypothesis being posted in itself, any issues with such should be challenged respectfully.

Portishead lock

agi

I have to ask, what boat have you bought?

Will you be driving her home?
Sorry, missed this! I have bought a Sealine F34. And yes, I'm driving her home - but it's now only Torquay to Brixham!

Sneds

I read that the docks may become a marina?
That would be very interesting

Birdseye

that will be the Welsh Government you’re thinking of. The assembly (a parliament) is now called the Senedd. Do call back soon.
Either way its a joke. A particular piece of NuLabour idiocy and a complete talking shop. The Welsh deserve better.

Birdseye

Strange nobody has mentioned Barry. I'm blown over by the place. Proper yacht club.
And truly fascinating - Barry Island, which you might imagine has all the charm or Blackpool, is in summer a really nice place to take the kids / grandkids. Well kept and clean.

Graham_Wright

And truly fascinating - Barry Island, which you might imagine has all the charm or Blackpool, is in summer a really nice place to take the kids / grandkids. Well kept and clean.
……………and so is the surrounding area (as we discovered when we got lost looking for the (old) coastguard station!).

tatali0n

Thanks tatali0n! We've put her in Brixham, for much the same reasons you put yours in Plymouth!
Funny enough, when I read that you'd found a boat in Torquay, I very nearly suggested that if you decided to keep her down there, look very seriously at Brixham as an alternative. And then reconsidered because I didn't want to unnecessarily disparage Torquay. But Brixham is far better 😁 Had a really enjoyable couple of days there with our boat back in August.

Reactions: agi