Porlock Pictures

graham

Visit site
Hopefully We will get our new forum soon?? Meanwhile a few pictures I took in Porlock this week.
007-3.jpg

005-1.jpg

004-2.jpg

I think"Nokomis"with others from Barry (BYC) and some from other clubs are off for an extended summer Ireland cruise now. Look forward to some pictures and stories when they get back.

Didnt have time to walk to Culbone Church but did have time for several Exmoor Ales /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

LizzyD

Visit site
What fantasitc pictures. It looks nice. I've only ever made it Porlock once and we had to anchor outside. We rowed ashore in the inflatable and had tea in the nearby pub. My HH radio was going flat, so I cheekily took the charger and found a plug at floor level which allowed me to recharge it - something I should have done before I left home!

I have to say I admire the way you never miss an opportunity to get out there on the sea. I stayed home yesterday and did the lawns, some laundry and tidied up the house. Now which of us had the most interesting weekend do you suppose? Was it A) Graham or B) Not Me?

Take care all,

Mike

graham

Visit site
Thanks for that Mike. Im on House and Garden duties today an d tommorow /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif When not skiving on the computer /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

donm

Visit site
Nice one Graham. A friend of mine bought a nice new (big) Benny a couple of years ago and I took him to Porlock and anchored off over low water. Before we left on the flood I motored the boat around to line up the withies for the entrance. He was horrified and vowed never to enter. Best kept secret Porlock.

Roger is making for the Scillies. Apparently he did not get enough interest in the Irish cruise.

Might get to Watchet next weekend. Any forumites around?

graham

Visit site
helloDon There was a GRP bilgekeeler on the beach there a few years ago with the keels ripped off .Dont know if they got the entrance wrong or ended up on the stones some other way.

Theres a bit of a pebble bar building up between the first two withies again but it looks lower than the lip of the "pool" so isnt reducing the tidal window to get in as yet.

Have a good weekend in Watchet.