PLEASE READ: Rider Groups and Timings - need your reply

oGaryo

Visit site
You might see I pinged a new thread on the main forum, a plea for more donations. It would be good if you could bump it up regularly, so we can catch as many as possible please.

Thanks Paul, great post and will hopefully result in much needed donations to reflect the effort everyone has put in to this ride thus far :encouragement:

rafiki_

Visit site
Thanks Paul, great post and will hopefully result in much needed donations to reflect the effort everyone has put in to this ride thus far :encouragement:

Well, we need to take every opp for the donations. I will get active again in Portishead Marina, and start my new job tomorrow, so there should be more to come from there.

Not good news on the bumpy bit towards the end. Sounds like a good rest halt just before, with some refuelling!

oGaryo

Visit site
Cut and paste from the Slipstream Effect thread so we can have the discussion in this thread relating to flexible rider groups

Guys, I was thinking of this in terms of an over crowded middle group and it makes sense to stay flexible, let me explain, or at least try to. If you start off in a particular group, I think we should retain a degree of flexibility to be able to move between the groups as the ride progresses. If a faster group catches up with a slower group then that is the point in my mind that someone in the faster group starting to huff and puff a bit can drop back in to the slower group being overtaken or indeed, if you're finding the pace a little slow and fancy putting a spurt on in the next section then join the overtaking group. If after riding in the faster group for a while you find it too fast, then feel free to drop off the pace (or stop and have your own personal rest) and wait for the slower group to catch up and continue at their pace. The only premise being is I recommend retaining a minimum of two people in a group, especially for the last (slowest) group.

Should make for a nice mix of everyone getting to ride with each other for a bit by the end of the ride.

What do you think?

z1ppy

Visit site
Mornign all,

for a number of reasons we could really do with final numbers now... thank you very much to those who have confirmed, for those that are still TBC could you please reply?

taken from the summary page we have the following as TBC

there is of course space for anyone else to join us but really would be grateful if you could confirm sooner rather than later.

Grouping To Be Confirmed

Full Circle (Jim & Lynn)
Aardee (Graham)
Raven (Alan)
SpannerMonkey (Mark)
Elessar (Mark)
CPD (Alan)

Many thanks
Howard.

P4Paul

Visit site
It is our (Kerry and my) intention to leave Penton Hook at around 9:00am and have an enjoyable leisurely ride, aiming to be at Ocean village by 5:00pm.
PM me for my mobile number if you would like to join us so we can sort meeting up. We will not be offended if half way you choose to tag onto a faster group as they fly by.